Pork Loin on the Kettle

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Got Pork Loin on the weber Kettle as I type. I cut a 4.5 lb Pork Loin in half so it'd fit in one Gallon Ziplock bag and poured in a bottle of Stubbs Pork Marinade and let it sit in Fridge for about 30 hrs- I flipped it a cpl times during marinade. Got kettle holding steady at 300* with a mix of True Cue Lump, KBB and some Hickory Chunks. - thinking about 4-5 hrs total.

1.5 hrs in
null_zps2974d158.jpg

null_zps847ee11d.jpg

That is gonna taste like Chit man that kettle need to be smoking like Cheach & Chong at a Dead concert.:p

4.5 hours at 300 for pork loin? I cook mine to 135 internal, rest and slice. The carryover take it to 145. Perfect for pork loin.

4.5 hours at 300 for pork loin? I cook mine to 135 internal, rest and slice. The carryover take it to 145. Perfect for pork loin.

Ya I couldn't remember - seems like the last was not cut and went 4.5 hrs but this one went too long 5.25 hrs cuz I had to go pickup my Granbaby. 3.5 hrs probally would have been perfect?

Tastes Good but a little Dry. IT of 162* Oh Well still edible. :wink: I had previously always Grilled Pork Loin and it took 45 minutes to 1 hr and just gauged by cutting into it, this is only second one smoked.

null_zps78f37762.jpg

null_zps09a7561f.jpg

null_zpsd43b4698.jpg

I did a full pork loin cut in half (2-4.5# pieces) yesterday, running about 250* and was 160 in a little less than 2 hours. I pulled it off the smoker and let it rest uncovered for 45 minutes, then tented it with foil for a little while before putting it in the fridge. I pulled it out of the fridge today and sliced it. It still had some moisture, tender, and flavorful.

Back