Is this common?

Hozman

Take a breath!
Reaction score
No outside alcohol? Doing our first comp and was going through the rules. It states no outside beer due to state law. Is this common in other states? Says that BBQ teams will be allowed to buy pony keg or half barrel from distributor on site.

Another rule is no sale, distribution or promotion of any goods to include t shirts. I was hoping to take some extra shirts and maybe trade with other teams. This is something as a fireman we do as we travel for classes and seminars. Get a real nice collection of shirts from around the U.S. and world.

No outside alcohol? Doing our first comp and was going through the rules. It states no outside beer due to state law. Is this common in other states? Says that BBQ teams will be allowed to buy pony keg or half barrel from distributor on site.

Another rule is no sale, distribution or promotion of any goods to include t shirts. I was hoping to take some extra shirts and maybe trade with other teams. This is something as a fireman we do as we travel for classes and seminars. Get a real nice collection of shirts from around the U.S. and world.

Booze can be at the discretion of the promoter and in some cases the location could be covered under state / local laws.

As far as the T shirts, don't know how what you have and who you trade it with gets monitored. Just don't set up a Tshirt booth...

Be discrete. Use a red cup.

No sales is common. At many events the organizers sell shirts and don't want competition. Others have vendors that pay a fee or %. Trading a short with other teams is fine.

we ran into that last year. Like ford said, use a red solo cup and just be smart about it. We brought our own beer and keep it in our site/tent. We walked around with the solo cups and were not bothered by anyone. It felt no different than any comp.

I think what the rules are saying is that you will not be allowed to bring beer onto the site. That all beer must be sold on site and from their approved vendor. So the RSC is not the issue, it is that you are being told where you can get beer. Which sucks, as I am sure the beer will not meet everyone's preference.

that is what they're saying. ignore them.

but be nice about it.

maybe buy a couple from the vendor to help em out, but when the beer truck leaves @ 9 o'clock whadaya supposed to do?

aint you ever heard of the red cup rule??? :)

We went to a baseball complex in Redding California, they have a rule that says they do not allow outside beverages due to Health Department rules...on site sales blah blah B.S.! They charge $8 for a Coors can.

And they search all bags and coolers. No bottle water, soda, gatorade, ice in containers or powdered beverages. You MUST buy all beverages on site. Athletes only may bring in one container, up to 24 ounces, of water per day.

We went to a baseball complex in Redding California, they have a rule that says they do not allow outside beverages due to Health Department rules...on site sales blah blah B.S.! They charge $8 for a Coors can.

And they search all bags and coolers. No bottle water, soda, gatorade, ice in containers or powdered beverages. You MUST buy all beverages on site. Athletes only may bring in one container, up to 24 ounces, of water per day.

have you been back? :crazy:

i'm pretty sure it's unlawful to deny water.

Back