• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Simply Marvelous Spares

posey's_pork_pit

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Good morning ~ I've been itching to try the SM rubs I purchased sometime ago and today is the day!

100_0948.jpg

We have SM Spicy Apple on the bottom rack and SM Cherry on the top rack.

100_0951.jpg

On the cooker

100_0952.jpg

Sweet Blue :thumb:

100_0955.jpg

Be back later.......thanks for looking. :becky:

This is how me and Posey roll

100_0959.jpg

Oh......you want rib pron........3 hour mark ~ rotated these beauties! Can you smell that? Just saying...... :heh:

100_0965.jpg

100_0962.jpg

See you in a few!

Are you burning oak there? I just went and cut a bunch of pieces of grand oak up into mini-split pieces for making my COS Brinkmann SnP into a stick burner. Its gonna have to season for a while.

Your ribs are looking SIMPLY MARVELOUS!!!

Are you burning oak there? I just went and cut a bunch of pieces of grand oak up into mini-split pieces for making my COS Brinkmann SnP into a stick burner. Its gonna have to season for a while.

Your ribs are looking SIMPLY MARVELOUS!!!

Water oak from my yard ~ lost 2 of them last year ~ but they keep giving. Oh, and a bit of maple as well as hickory. Thanks for looking! :becky:

I almost forgot

And here are the finished SM Spares ~ ready to be dinner some other day! :-D

100_0966.jpg

I almost lost this one moving it to the foil :roll:

100_0971.jpg

Cooked unfoiled, spritzed, or sauced ~ just Steph's rub for 8 hours. Sauced them lightly (my recipe) and into the freezer.

Wow, they look really nice. Never used SM stuff but it appears to have a lot of sugar in it since that's a nice dark color like you sauced them.

Wow, they look really nice. Never used SM stuff but it appears to have a lot of sugar in it since that's a nice dark color like you sauced them.

Actually, that nice, rich color is from the oak/maple/hickory wood that I use to fire my stick burner. OK, Steph's rub may have had a little to do with it. :thumb:

Seriously, there isn't much sugar in SM rubs, if any at all.

Back