• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My Mini Bash Long Post

cabo

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well guys,
Looks like Bash V came off without a major hitch, other than the one being (from my view point) that I couldn’t attend. I wish I could have been there, but not all was lost for me.
I attended (and cooked at) a Mini Bash here at home.
The young man pictured below is known to us as Youngpitchfork. He doesn’t post (I guess he’s shy).
Hopefully, since I’ve put his mug on the site, he’ll come out of lurk mode, or not. Or, maybe he’ll just kill me and hide the body!!!! So, with two of us attending, I guess it qualifies as a Mini Bash. They probably got pretty sick of me wondering (out loud) what ya’ll were up to at any given minute. There was no computer available.
The location is about 45 minutes from my house @ about 70 mph. It’s a lake house on “Lake Murray”. 600+ miles of shoreline. The house is owned by a friend Billy Rentz (also pictured below) owner & operator of a “Cheers” like establishment known to us regulars (that’s who the party was for) as D’s Wings. If one don’t kill me I guess the other one will!!!!!
The pit, built be a previous owner for the purpose of cooking whole hogs was more than adequate (with a few mods, not pictured). The floor of the pit was a good 3 ft. from the grate. So, “grilling” was not an option, but this contraption could & did smoke cook!! We smoked chicken (beer can), steak (iffy at best), chicken breast (also iffy), tenderloin, brats (breakfast with hashbrowns), & brisket. The brisket was not my best effort, but edible (it finished at about midnight). While waiting, we took a boat ride across the lake to a landing where a band was jamming and drinks were flowing. Had a great time, but I missed you guys. Hmmm, maybe Billy could be talked into a true “Brethren Bash”.
Hell! if I’m gonna get killed anyway, I might as well go out in style. Also pictured below are some of the Ladies (side dishes ;-) ) that attended our little bash.
See ya I hope!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn' t post all the pictures I wanted, so I created an Album.
Go to
http://www.bandera-brethren.com/mod...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Go to page 2. Scroll down and click on "My Mini Bash 6-26-05"

Glad you had good time without us! :D

We missed you at Bash V and Greg had to "break in" new trailer-mates! :twisted:

A southern bash a a lake - that has possibilities. That is definately a cooker!

Looks a great mini bash Harry. Beautiful place. That guy with the last name Rentz - relative of anyone we know? :wink:

Sorry it took so long to respond, but anyway……

Uhhh!!! Mr. Smoker, they (side dishes) were getting there.. 8)

Bill….. Banjo??? We don’t need no stinkin banjo HeHeHe!!!!!!!! :twisted:

TK I don’t think so. Probably would have been mentioned by now. Haven’t had a chance to talk to Bill SR. about that. It seems that as much as I talk about the Brethren, it would have been brought up, but then on the other hand, maybe he doesn’t want to be associated with a cult :wink:
I’ll ask.. (and try to be subtle) :shock:

Back