Redhead Master Series... pretty beat... what to do now?

cbpeck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I saved an old Weber 22.5" Master Series in Red, from the trash, but it is pretty seriously beat. The thermometer parts are missing, there are several large circles where the porcelain has chipped off, the wooden handles are all totally trashed or missing, the legs are dented, etc. The bowl is still round without any major dents & the one touch system works, but that's about all it has going for it.

I can't see taking the time to properly restore it, so I'm thinking about making the bottom half into a fire pit, but I'm not in love with the idea. Any other suggestions?

I'd be willing to part with it if somebody wanted it, but I'm not sure it is worth the shipping to get it somewhere else.

Any thoughts?

What's worse is I drove about 45 mins to get it because the CL-er said it was "actually in great shape without any rust or dents... just might need a new wooden handle."

It must've been her nine children that kept her from taking the time to actually look at it. I'm not at all opposed to large families, I just wish she'd done a better job describing the thing over the phone so that I didn't spend 2 hrs of my life picking up someone's trash. I probably should've left it there.

I believe Casydog may still be looking for parts for the one touch system of his old redhead Master-Touch. Might want to PM him.

Back