Habanero Peach Bourbon Glazed Chicken

J

jagardn

I'm making some chicken for Christmas Eve and had to do a trial run tonight. The glaze was Peach Preserves, Pineapple Chunks, Habanero, Bourbon, Brown Sugar, Butter, Garlic, and Salt. I just need to add some more heat and maybe some either lemon or orange zest, otherwise it was pretty damn good.

Peach_Glazed_Chicken_121810.jpg

Nice drum sticks. That Buffalo Trace is some good stuff too....just finishing off a bottle with a little nog myself.

It sure looks good. I like to keep a little pepper jelly around for just this use.

Buffalo Trace...who needs food.:-D

I made 5.5 gallons of apricot jam and another 3 of peach off my parents' trees this summer...really beautiful flavors. You might consider a little plum too, it's really nice with chicken, particularly if you can find some plumbs and mash them up, that way you have better control over the sweetness.

Buffalo Trace...who needs food.:-D
You might consider a little plum too, it's really nice with chicken, particularly if you can find some plumbs and mash them up, that way you have better control over the sweetness.
The Buffalo Trace is some good stuff...probably shouldn't be cookin with it.:doh:
I think I'm going to buy fresh fruit to make the glaze for Christmas, if I Fark it up, I can just use the Preserves.:thumb: I was really surprised that 2 Habanero's didn't make it over the top hot.:confused: Next time I'm leaving the seeds and ribs in one of them!

Back