View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

I was blessed with getting two team members when we first started that were as committed (OK, should have been committed some where I'm sure) as I was. The three of us were/are the core of the team (until we added Ramona (my GF) so now it's the four of us).

We have a number of guys (all friends of core members) that can only do some of the competitions but not all of them. We welcome them in with open arms and with the understanding that they are to do what the core members requests and we know that they are with us to have fun and help out where they can.

Please understand that we don't go out of our way to make it tough on them, but there are certain jobs that they aren't going to be doing simply because they aren't around enough to know if we've changed something. To be honest, we are easier on them if they want to wander around and check out what's going on than we are with ourselves.
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote