Church BBQ for 268

F

fevoice

Greetings all. Doing a church BBQ this week and need a little help on numbers. This is a to-go dinner fundraiser. I have 67 orders and each order gets a pint of potato salad and a pint of beans.

The beans I'll doctor up and the potato salad will just be spooned out of 5 pound tubs from Sam's or Costco.

Based on 67 orders I need 33.5 quarts of potato salad and 33.5 quarts of beans. Right?

Based on those numbers - how many pounds of potato salad should I buy to cover 33.5 quarts.

How many #10 cans of beans to cover 33.5 quarts.

Thanks for your help.
Frank Eriksen
frank@roaringforkbbq.com

One #10 can of beans makes about a gallon with the formula I use for catering. So 9 cans should take care of 33.5 quarts with a bit to spare. Best of luck!

The red skin potato salad from Sam's is ok. RD has ok mustard potato salad.

If your gonna make homemade German potato salad, slice them prior to boiling. Easy peasy - 2 pounds of bacon, diced, browned and grease saved. Dice a large onion in the grease and saute. Add 3 cups of sugar and 3 cups cider vinegar. Dissolve 3 tsp cornstarch in 1 cup water. Thicken. Toss with 5# sliced, peeled, boiled potatoes. Celery seed, pepper, cooked bacon and salt to taste. Mom used to crumble hard boiled eggs on top, but I think that ruins it.
Serve warm.

The red skin potato salad from Sam's is ok. RD has ok mustard potato salad.

I usually doctor the sams club stuff with fresh red potatos, eggs, fresh dill, celery and some cored out japs finley chopped

Back