• Phrasty's Grilled Shrimp Risotto

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Did a shrimp risotto last night. Started by peeling and cleaning the shrimp and simmering the heads and shells with some garlic, salt and onion to make a stock which was used in the risotto.

I seasoned the shrimp and grilled them up quickly then cut them into bite sizes. I then worked on the risotto adding the shrimp back in the end with the parmesan, black pepper and butter to finish it off.

Nice fresh shrimp I picked up from my shrimp lady.
4ACC6B16-9920-473D-8BB2-E91B643A3110-1047-0000009E5DDA9EDA_zps4c3faffa.jpg

And the risotto plated up with a bit of extra parmesan.
10167B40-8742-4C5A-902B-33670F08AD95-1047-0000009E61F6D2CB_zps779d860e.jpg

Love this stuff... Thanks for looking.
Cheers.

Risotto is a long time favorite, what is the seasoning that has the red color to it?

Risotto is kind of like a flour tortilla or a good southern biscuit, it is a fantastic vehicle for so many things, I have made dozens of different combos over the years and it never gets old.

One of my favorites is lobster and shiitaki mushroom. The key is making a home made stock with the shrimp or whaterver it is, as is the case with creole or gumbo, makes all the difference. STOCK is the key to many questions in life.

That looks fantastic!

Last edited:
I never had Risotto until we started watching Hell's Kitchen a few years back. Now we seem to make it whenever the show is back on the air. That show is funny as hell. It was the first time I ever heard of it. I like it tho.

Yours looks really Great!

Thanks everyone!

Risotto is a long time favorite, what is the seasoning that has the red color to it?

Risotto is kind of like a flour tortilla or a good southern biscuit, it is a fantastic vehicle for so many things, I have made dozens of different combos over the years and it never gets old.

One of my favorites is lobster and shiitaki mushroom. The key is making a home made stock with the shrimp or whaterver it is, as is the case with creole or gumbo, makes all the difference. STOCK is the key to many questions in life.

That looks fantastic!

I agree, a great base for so many things. I'll have to try the lobster and mushroom one day. I threw some paprika in there for color and flavor as well as the stock adds a bit to the colour.

Cheers

Man, you're crankin' out all kinds of goodies. If I hadn't just eaten some awesome Q I made over the weekend, I'd be getting hungry just reading your threads!

Back