Thread: Guru
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #12
leanza
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdycowboy View Post
Another question. So when the guru is ramping my temp up to 250 do I just need to ramp it down? Or do I need to work with the ramp and the opening to the fan and get them set how I like?? Or is that something I have to adjust everytime I cook with it??
What I was refering to is the Proportional Band feature that I have with the CyberQll, I dont know if the other models have it.

Proportional Band
This value is the band of temperature over which the power draft fan will pulse. Say your internal pit setpoint is 225 (215 + 10 deg offset). Below 200 the power draft blower will be full on, above 225 the power draft blower will be full off and at 212.5 the power draft blower will cycle 50% of the time. The default value of 25

degrees will work well with most pits. If you notice that the pit temperature is oscillating
up and down more than 5 to 10 degrees and never settles out, the proportional band can
be made larger. Making the proportional band smaller will make the pit reach the
setpoint faster, but will also increase the overshoot on startup. Each time you adjust the
proportional band, expect that you will also need to adjust the offset to make the pit
setpoint and actual temperature agree.

Cycle Time This value is the time (in seconds) between power draft fan pulses. The default value of 6 seconds will work well with most pits.