View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #158
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tduffy View Post
I guess the junk scores and comment cards that several teams got from the same judge on one particular table I guess was just heresay and mostly opinion then........ got it.

How the hell do I require the rep to take action? What are they going to do about it? They didn't do anything when it was clearly obvious the judge wasn't scoring with the rest of the table?

As you're aware, the reps have had their hands tied for quite a while as concerns the matter of addressing judges during/between scoring. This should be changed, but it's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Personally, I have been talked to on multiple occasions by reps early in my judging "career", and believe it should be allowed to continue. When I would write a low score, I assumed that the rep would come over to speak with me, and I sure as hell better have a good explanation and a comment card ready for them. How is this a bad thing?

If I run for (and get elected) to the Board in 2020, my only platform issue will be the immediate implementation of a real-time judge correction directive ...

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->