***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Do It Caveman Style" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should be declared the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Do It Caveman Style" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Banner.gif
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"SPECIAL - Do It Caveman Style"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 6/17.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]silverfinger[/size]
4cd88c2c-1921-7eae.jpg

[size=+2]Al Czervik[/size]
2082001_Al_Czervik.jpg

[size=+2]Phubar[/size]
2083921_Phubar.jpg

[size=+2]whitelightnin92[/size]
2084860_whitelightnin92.jpg

[size=+2]caseydog[/size]
2087259_caseydog.jpg

[size=+2]BigBlock[/size]
2088097_BigBlock.jpg

[size=+2]nucornhusker[/size]
2088492_nucornhusker.jpg

[size=+2]N8man[/size]
2088690_N8man.jpg

[size=+2]Hunterman95[/size]
2088889_Hunterman95.jpg

Last edited:
I keep staring at Mongo's entry, and the steak is calling me. The salad works, too, since cavemen ate the stuff you'd find in a salad. My inner caveman is just not sure how to feel about the cottage cheese. Hmmmm.

CD

Chris,
The money shot for my entry was the 4th photo down. Meat under the stars!. Do you think you could change it for me? :becky:

Thanks!!!

Every single entry was great, even the spam! :clap:But, I narrowed it down to Silverfinger & CD.

CD's technique of putting his coals on rocks, the wooden fork and serving platter took it over the top for me. :thumb:

Yep on the Team Munchkin vote. I just loved the "fork" CD made...oh and the steak didn't look too shabby either! :thumb:

As much as T-bones (and especially porterhouses) are one of my favorite steaks, I can't imagine a caveman ever eating one. That just leaves a few entries on my shortlist. Now for the nitty-gritty:

N8man, was that a wild SPAM you hunted down with a spear, or was it a domestic SPAM?

Al, while wine is often made and stored in caves, I don't recall wine-making (and stemware) occurring in pre-agricultural societies. Can you enlighten us on the research that suggested cavemen knew to serve red wine with steak?

Finally, Whitelightnin, was your tri-tip brought up to sufficient temp to kill the parasites that would have been present in prehistoric meat?

Yep on the Team Munchkin vote. I just loved the "fork" CD made...oh and the steak didn't look too shabby either! :thumb:

Thanks!

I learned from team e-gore how a little extra creative effort in your presentation can make a difference. But, the steak really was good.

CD

Every entry looks good, and it was hard to choose, but I checked, and lobsters were around in caveman times, and I'm betting steak and lobster would have been a great way to impress a woman when you drag her to your cave by her hair for the first time. :becky:

CD

Back