Fattie question

I cook mine going inside - leave it raw when I wrap the fatty with it.

My basic rule of thumb is:
If something NEEDS to be cooked--cook it first.
The inside of a fatty just does not stay in the "cooking heat range" long enough to get it done.
Possible exception would be short cook items like shrimp.
But even then, I would probably pre-cook (at least partially) and let the fatty heat them back up.

I sometimes even partially cook peppers, onions, and such to develop the flavor first.

Just a thought.

TIM

The inside of a fatty just does not stay in the "cooking heat range" long enough to get it done.
But even then, I would probably pre-cook (at least partially) and let the fatty heat them back up.

I sometimes even partially cook peppers, onions, and such to develop the flavor first.

Just a thought.

TIM

What Tim said!!!!

Just a thought.

TIM

I also cook it first.. When you pre-cook the vege's the give out a lot the water they contain is gone and you consontrate the flavor!

Totally disregard what these guys are telling you and cook it first if going on the inside and leave it raw if you're wrapping it:-D And if whatever you are putting in there needs to cook, cook it first. A fatty don't get hot enough for long enough on the inside to cook things properly. Glad I could be of help on this one, no thanks necessary...

I can attest to this. i tried making an ABT fatty once. i filled my jalapenos with cheese then wrapped in uncooked bacon then stuck those in a big ol fatty. when it was done the bacon had not cooked hardly at all. i ended up tossing it in the trash. So dont listen to samspon:lol:. make sure u cook what ever is going in a fatty first. hope this clears things up.:grin:

Back