QUINCY FL F.B.A. Competition

B

big daddy Q

swamp boys and I are in this comp today, Smokin cracker & the space boys ( Turk) are in a K.C.B.S comp around daytona and Home BBQ and many others are in st cloud at a F.B.A comp. It will be interesting to see the points after today !!! hope to do well................or at least beat rub!!!!!!:p

Quincyfest Blues & Barbecue Contest - Quincy, FLMay 4-5, 200710 pro teams, 7 backyard teamsFBA Reps - Chuck Ray, Donna Ray

Grand Champion: Huff and Puff - 737.88333
Reserve: Big Daddy Q - 726.81667
[Overall]
3rd - Swamp Boys - 725.30000
4th - Q4U - 720.95001
5th - Glorybound - 712.88335
6th - Munchees Smokehouse - 712.06668
7th - Bubba Que - 706.13334
8th - Barbeque Crew - 704.61669
9th - Hoocheeque - 697.65002
10th - Bay-to-da-Bayou BBQ - 666.56667

Chicken
1st - Glorybound
2nd - Big Daddy Q
3rd - Bubba Que
4th - Munchees Smokehouse
5th - Swamp Boys
6th - Huff and Puff
7th - Barbeque Crew
8th - Q4U
9th - Hoocheeque
10th - Bay-to-da-Bayou BBQ

Ribs
1st - Huff and Puff
2nd - Q4U
3rd - Swamp Boys
4th - Munchees Smokehouse
5th - Glorybound
6th - Bay-to-da-Bayou BBQ
7th - Big Daddy Q
8th - Barbeque Crew
9th - Hoocheeque
10th - Bubba Que

Pork

1st - Big Daddy Q
2nd - Munchees Smokehouse
3rd - Swamp Boys
4th - Glorybound
5th - Huff and Puff
6th - Barbeque Crew
7th - Q4U
8th - Hoocheeque
9th - Bubba Que

Brisket

1st - Huff and Puff
2nd - Big Daddy Q
3rd - Swamp Boys
4th - Q4U
5th - Bubba Que
6th - Hoocheeque
7th - Barbeque Crew
8th - Munchees Smokehouse
9th - Glorybound

Last edited by a moderator:
The Brethren were rock-in-rollin' in the tiny burb of Quicey!
Great Job Guys!

I judged this one last year-30 miles from home. "Tree Guys" work kept me at home and had to miss a fine little cook-off! :twisted:
At least the weather was better for them this year.

Anyone know if the "Bubba Que" listed was really our brother Bubba from Jasper????????
"Bub-Ba-Q BBQ Team and Catering
Bubba (Bub-Ba-Q), Jasper, GA."

TIM

Congrats Jim! and to Rub, and Bubba.... Who is this Huff and Puff that beat Big Daddy Q? lol

thanks everyone, rub & I are close in points & this little contest meant a lot. babba Q at this event is the brother from jasper, a really great guy but had a hard time this week with some whiskey ? and a fire ? and HUFF & PUFF, 1st contest, dr. bbq student !!! congrats to kevin and all who competed and had fun

babba Q at this event is the brother from jasper, a really great guy but had a hard time this week with some whiskey ? and a fire ? and HUFF & PUFF, 1st contest, dr. bbq student !!! congrats to kevin and all who competed and had fun

Well, as long as Bubba was not cited for DCWUI (Driving a Cooler while Under the Influence), he will be fine. :lol:

GC first contest?
I had a dream once about that--then reality set in! :oops:

TIM

Congrats to Jim. And yes I did have an incident with a place called Bullwinkles and a few drinks then onto some experimental pyrotechnics on Friday night. But what can I say, hanging out with Jim, Rub and Foy was worth every bit.

Next time though Jim, I'll sit on the other side of the bar sliding the drinks your way.

Bubba

Congrats to my buddy Jeem on this one. He had me fooled that he would be in St. Cloud giving Kevin a fit this weekend. You can imagine my surprise when I got in Quincy and saw him sittin there :eek:
Also congrats to Huff and Puff for a big win the first time out - very impressive!
And then there's Bubba ... :wink:

Big Daddy and the Swamp Boy you guys are havin all the fun.
Congrats to both of my good friends. WTG Jim on the RG

Game On !!!!

i decided on the quincy contest on the way to st cloud, the organizer had called me and was very nice, also quincy is home of the bubble boodies.

I was on the turnpike headed to st cloud, i called rub to see where he was at and struck up a conversation about points, he laughed and said (with only nine teams in quincy I am sure to pass you in points GAME ON) HE SAID GAME ON !! he said it not me...................................... when we hung up i just went right by the st cloud exit, quincy it was, when I got to quincy i parked at the wally world then called rub, to tell him that i had a friend that worked there and he said that he could stay for the nite, he thought it was so nice that i had thought bout him...........when he pulled in the parkin lot I had my big head stickin out the window of the speed shack wavin at him. after explainin that i was just worried about him and wanted him to have a bed to sleep in! he still me for about 20 to 30 minutes and i think he's cussin at me now !.........thanks for guys like rub, game on !!!

I love ya rub, sorry! dothan you can get me back

rub?????

has anybody talked to rub, he wont answer the phone !!!

i dont understand?:lol:

You got to call me first - I haven't seen any calls from you ol' pal.

I still am speechless over Quincy. I can't tell you how happy I am that you came up there. What in the world would I have done with all that $$ ?! :roll:

Can't wait till Dothan, when I can take another butt whoopin from you guys. :cool:

Are you guys still talking about this? I think Big Jim was just too chicken to show up at St Cloud... What do you think Rub? lol

Back