• Christmas Ham bonanza Day 2 **Pr0n0graphic

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
As I said guys... this was a VERY busy season for me. Here's the second all nighter batch of hams I did for a client.

This was about 75lbs of big half leg hams. After a quick soak I put them on the smoker with some lychee and logwood to smoke a bit.
76fbe847.jpg

ffb7de7d.jpg

70244ee7.jpg

After a couple hours they hit 120 and the color on them were nothing short of amazing! I took them off the smoke and peeled the skin off and glazed some with mustard and spiced sugar and others with s black pepper & brown sugar mixture:
8ae22b9b.jpg

Here's the brown sugar ham:
3edfb1e4.jpg

and here's the process for the black pepper and sugar ham! (I fell head over heels for these BTW):
19f4f071.jpg

Peeled off the skin:
ace87241.jpg

Slathered:
d5c527b6.jpg

and coated liberally:
77eb4c86.jpg

After glazing they went back on the smoker for some more heat and smoke.
147740e4.jpg

The glaze came out perfect!!! It was a dry glaze that almost became a hard sugar shell around the ham when it was finished. The sugar would not shake off and you could pretty much crack it with a good tap of the finger.
d4f463a7.jpg

6336e0dc.jpg

878c7f72.jpg

Another all nighter with a smoke and a drink in front of the smoker with my friend that was helping me out. Made the hours go by a bit easier during down time!:
ba6e0cc0.jpg

They looked amazing when they came off:
4e987960.jpg

09136ace.jpg

00a64a92.jpg

f5d8d589.jpg

1a67f8c7.jpg

Was almost a shame that they were ordered to be sliced! :shocked: They were too pretty! I did cut those suckers up the next day after a good rest though: :twisted:
9c0ceca1.jpg

e99dd4b7.jpg

7392c897.jpg

And that was that for the second day of my Christmas smoking bonanza! :thumb: Getting tired now but the work continues! Have another thread on the way for the next installment!

Thanks for looking guys!
Cheers

Here are the other 3 threads for the rest of my 2011 Christmas Smokefest if you're interested! :Thumb:
Day 1
Day 3
Day 4

Yesterday your pit was still moldy and look at you now...using it if there was no tomorrow left.:becky:

I bet I can guess who did not get any sleep over the holiday.
Fabulous Phrasty, great job.

Yesterday your pit was still moldy and look at you now...using it if there was no tomorrow left.:becky:

:heh: Yeah Phu! Got quite a bit of use outta her this week! She did well! :thumb:

I bet I can guess who did not get any sleep over the holiday.
Fabulous Phrasty, great job.

Absolutely none!!! Still trying to recover! :heh: It's like the older I get the longer the recovery process! :doh::heh:

Cheers

I looked at all your post of the Christmas smoke. Im in awe. Im not sure whom got the better work out, you or your pit!!!

Simply unbelievable... thanx for the pron!

That night pic of the smoker is quite a 'rendering', too!

I looked at all your post of the Christmas smoke. Im in awe. Im not sure whom got the better work out, you or your pit!!!

Think we both got a good workout! The pit just handled it better than I did... :heh::heh::heh:

Back