Phubar's Lowland Smokers Tony Stone Low 'n Slow Practice Session Pron

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Yesterday Padawan,Dennessey and I went to Brethren CustomMidnightSmoker to do a practice session.
In about 3 weeks we're at the Tony Stone Low 'n Slow comp which is KCBS sanctioned.

Last year was the Phirst time this comp was held...Jim Johnson and Wayne Lohman were also there,maybe you guys have heard of them.

We were proud of our results...wasn't entirely happy with the shape of the chicken so if you guys have some tips let me hear it...same goes for the rest of the boxes.

My wife saw the box of thighs and simply said, "WOW!"

I think that sums it up. The Phu crew know what to do!

Matt

Looks PhanPharkingtastic to me, but I bet if you put some shots of yer boxes over in the comp Phorum, they'll have some words of wisdom Phor ya. As Phar as I'm concerned though, I'd hit all that very Pharking hard!

Dude - wish I was making it out this year! My lovely wiPhe and I are talking about heading out that way next year & bringing the kids. Y'all Pheel like Pheeding a Phamily of Phour (and probably Guy too)? :hungry:

Looks PhanPharkingtastic to me, but I bet if you put some shots of yer boxes over in the comp Phorum, they'll have some words of wisdom Phor ya. As Phar as I'm concerned though, I'd hit all that very Pharking hard!

Dude - wish I was making it out this year! My lovely wiPhe and I are talking about heading out that way next year & bringing the kids. Y'all Pheel like Pheeding a Phamily of Phour (and probably Guy too)? :hungry:

Miss you too!:becky:
You all are more than "welocme" but you knew that!
Would be awesome if y'all could join us for dinner!

Posted it as well in the Comp section as you suggested...thanks Bro!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
hard to understand your plee for help. that all looks awesome.
but as mentioned ask at the comp thread.

Looks like you all know how to cook meat, that brisket looked quite nice. On that, one thing, if the fat is not well attached, you might want to consider trimming it off. Or arranging it in the box so it doesn't look loose.

Trimming chicken takes practice to understand how they shrink, some will remove the knuckles, which helps a lot. if you get decent sized thighs, you can trim the ends square without getting to small. They have great color though.

The phood looks great!

I can't offer any good advice on presentation, even though I'm an art major/artist. It looks to me like the key to wining in presentation is to be as boring as possible -- every slice the same, and no creativity allowed.

But, iph your food tastes as good as it looks, you are in good shape. Seriously.

CD

Back