• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

first pizzas

S

smokinrack

Got the Akorn fired up last night and decided to try some pizzas, kind of a last minute idea so we just used a box pizza kit and added some stuff to it.First one went on when the temp hit about 500 and took awhile to cook but came out decent

Pepperoni

20130329_200054_zps905c2916.jpg

by the time we got the last one on the fire was much hotter and it only took about 4 minutes but it was the best one out of the 4, i will definately be doing this again with a better crust mix and list of ingredients

20130329_203903_zps39a72ce8.jpg

Only thing that sucked was on the third pizza I blew yet another pizza stone all to hell, thinking its time for something heavier, maybe a cast iron one.

Nice start - you are now ruined for any take out pizza......

Nice pies! My second love next to BBQ (and my wife) is pizza! Once you start making your own, nothing else will do!

I made my first pizza a couple weeks ago and feel much the same way. It does take some advanced planning since the dough recipes I've tried usually need to be started at least the previous day. The results are pretty amazing, no? I still have much to learn but am happy with results so far.

What was the temp at when you put the last pizza on?

Really not sure, dome thermometer said 550 so Im guessing the stone was around 600-650

Lady that was with us teaches art and offered to make me one, said she had some ceramic stuff that was safe to cook on, could go to 1/2 inch thich with it and 14 inches around, supposed to be good up to 2200 degrees since thats what she fires them at in the kiln.Might give it a try before putting out more money LOL

Back