New WSM 22.5....this thing is big.......

Jim you have quite the arsenal there.

I see a ceramic cooker in my future.

I love your avatar.

What I wouldn't give to have that old girl.

Dave

I would love to just see one of the old originals

Ceramics brought a new dimension to my outdoor cooking. I was very patient and picked the large up for $300 and the medium up for $110, both on Craigslist. Just keep your eyes open.

Thanks Jeanie.

I'm dying to use it.

Going to try my first brisket tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Dave

Welcome to the club. It's a great smoker! In addition to the brisket, get some fatties to put on with it so you can fill up at least one grate. Or get a couple butts and do them at the same time. For the inaugural cook on my 22.5 I did 3 eight pound chickens and a twenty pound turkey.

DSC_6002-PP.JPG

DSC_6004-PP.JPG

Welcome to the club. It's a great smoker! In addition to the brisket, get some fatties to put on with it so you can fill up at least one grate. Or get a couple butts and do them at the same time. For the inaugural cook on my 22.5 I did 3 eight pound chickens and a twenty pound turkey.

DSC_6002-PP.JPG

DSC_6004-PP.JPG

Thanks Hank!

Tomorrow is the day, I promise.

Dave

There are 1/8 inch gaps on both sides of the door. I'd be stunned if they didn't leak.

Dave

Why not just gently persuade the door so it fits nice and snug. A little pressure here, a little there, and it should fit a lot better. After a few large cooks, it'll seal up tight.

Another option for a replacement ring. buy a $10-$20 piece of expanded metal, and make your own high flow ring.

Why not just gently persuade the door so it fits nice and snug. A little pressure here, a little there, and it should fit a lot better. After a few large cooks, it'll seal up tight.

Another option for a replacement ring. buy a $10-$20 piece of expanded metal, and make your own high flow ring.

Tomorrow I will be running the test. It's very possible that you are correct and it's a non-issue. I hope so, that would be great. I feel very confident with lump and temp control. This is a new cooker to me though and I hope to have her dialed in as soon as possible. I appreciate the feedback. Why does Weber advise against lump charcoal in the manual? I love lump.

Dave

Back