It's Friday...What's Cookin' This Weekend?

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
"Friday Night Steak Night"...as usual.:p Gonna toss a couple of fillets and baked potatoes on the BGE tonight.

Saturday I'm gonna rub up a boneless pork butt with some Buckboard Bacon Cure and get that curing in the fridge for 14 days.

Sunday is "Orange Pot Night"...my wife loves cooking soups and stews this time of year in her big orange cast iron dutch oven. :p

Well if all goes well, I will be doing a chicken, two fatties a prime rib, and a pastrami. Also planning on smoking some jalepano's. Moving inside I will be making some chili, and starting to cure some bacon that didn't get thawed enough last weekend. Also will be making a rye sourdough to pair with the pastrami.

Planning a BC chicken and also have a pork tenderloin I want to stuff up. Oh, and some wings, gotta do some wings too.

Scott

Helping to cook for a fund raiser at the Harpoon Brewery in Boston. The menu is Pigs in a Blanket ('Poon Dog Style), Burnt Ends on Texas Toast, Harpoon Ale Brined Smoked Turkey, Cornbread and Fatty Sausage Stuffing, Collard Greens with Smoked Slab Bacon and Maple Syrup, Apple Bread Pudding with Harpoon Cider Sauce.

Helping to cook for a fund raiser at the Harpoon Brewery in Boston. The menu is Pigs in a Blanket ('Poon Dog Style), Burnt Ends on Texas Toast, Harpoon Ale Brined Smoked Turkey, Cornbread and Fatty Sausage Stuffing, Collard Greens with Smoked Slab Bacon and Maple Syrup, Apple Bread Pudding with Harpoon Cider Sauce.

Steve - That sounds like some killer BaaahhbaahhQue! Please post some pics and recipes for the Poon Dogs. Love that name. I had a friend in college whose name could have been Poon Dog. :twisted::wink:

Porkapolooza started here last night. I'm finishing my first case of pork butts. Orders for pulled pork are still coming in. Hoping to sell two cases of butts.

Had a really small butt in one of the cryo's, so I jerked that one. Just pulled it off the pit and its resting in the Cambro. Going to have some jerked pork butt for lunch.

Attachments

• pork 004 [640x480].JPG
    pork 004 [640x480].JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 134
Trying a NEW recipe my friend (The DipKing) told me about.
I am coating a rack of Spares with Dark Brown Sugar and letting them sit overnight in the frig. Put on my rub and throw them on the smoker tomorrow.
He says it's the best he's ever had on ribs.
Gonna find out. He always seems to right, so we'll see on this one.
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 butts rubbed and ready in the cooler in the car... as soon as work is over, it's off to the smoker.

wife left our freezer open yesterday and everything thawed out, big cook weekend for me, 1 packer brisket ,2 shoulders,a bunch of chicken and sausage, 2 racks of ribs a few lbs of c/s ribs and more. glad its the weekend!!!

Tonight will be steak. Been hankering for one, I am thinking ribeyes grilled with crushed roasted garlic and black pepper.

Saturday MIZZOU game on TV, probably either lasagna or appetizers.

Sunday Pork. Have a shoulder in the freezer that has been dieing to be cooked, might get a brisket flat as well. I am going to try a different type of cooking. Starting out in a stick burner then finish off with my pellet cooker.

Wife wants to work on the yard and get it prepped for winter, this will give me an oppurtunity to cook.

Wyatt and I are cooking pork loin and a BCC tomorrow.

My original plan was to fire up the Bandera today, but the winds are howling and I don't feel like fighting to keep the temps up, so I've shoved the cook back till Saturday. I'll be doing a few racks of ribs, several bratwurst, a butt, and a brisket. I may even throw in some fatties now that I've got time to do more shopping. :-D

Going to try my luck at stuffing and smoking fresh sausage, never done it before. I used Emeril's recipe for Andouille and seasoned the butt up and cubed it up couple of days ago. Going to grind it this evening and probally stuff it also, might wait to stuff tomorrow morning have not decided yet.

We are cooking 23 butts on saturday :shock:. Really excited about that.

Oh and I am cooking up steaks for the 'Bama LSU game. Can't decided what cut I'm going with. I want a flat iron but just can't find them here.

I'm going to try to make a slab of ribs that I can actually eat. I'm gonna smoke all weekend and I swear if I don't get at least one great rack of ribs, I'm gonna let the wifey push the Cimarron in the pool (like she's threatened to do before)!

Going with smoked pork chili with left over butt, ribs and chicken wings for Sunday. Who knows about the rest of the weekend.

I've got a butt, two corned beef brisket flats for pastrami, and fatties going on the smoker Saturday morning.

Just pulled prime rib from the smoker for sandwiches today!!!!!
Got two hotel pans of sauce workin now.

Looks like we will be blessed with another nice weekend. Got some BB's but that ain't gonna be enough. Just picked the rest of the japs, so some ABT's may be in order.

got 3 racks of Baby Backs and a roll of Jimmy Dean to make some fatty's. Got some jalepenos, cheese, salsa for filling. Very excited.

Back