Need anything special to do this

Hozman

Take a breath!
Reaction score
A local EMT is going through chemo. The place he works wants to do a BBQ to raise money to help him and his family while they are going through with this. I have a big trailer unit smoker and thought I could donate butts and cook at the fund raiser.

Any issues with that. Figure be no different that bunch of guys bring grills and doing hamburgers and hot dogs. Don't want Big Brother showing up stating I am doing something wrong.

Like everyone will say, check with your local HD just to make sure.

If its just for people in the company you would be okay but if serving the general public you would need a license and insurance. If you made someone sick they could take everything you own.

Usually for non-profit, no permit needed, but double check the HD.

AS long as you are only taking donations it would be ok in Iowa. There is a restaurant in a small town called Oakville, Iowa. It is called the Piggy Bank. They do not have a HD license. They cook for you and you can leave a donation of your choosing. Business is good there.

hey man god bless you i think it is soo great that people help out and have a good heart..

I agree with Bryan, check with health department. Out here, you would be required to have met the basic sanitation requirements for food handling. Which is a good idea anyways.

Back