• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

.99/lb. spares

charrederhead

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Got lucky last week and stumbled on a "Manager's Special" deal on St. Louis cut spares on the next-to-last day of sell by date. :clap2:

Unfortunately there were only two packs left. :tsk:

Was nice to finally get a deal on some poke!

a55e52d3-a5fa-4b35-85f9-2505e69bf827_zpsfbc4bbc4.jpg

66f67421-ea1c-484d-b262-af584f99bd2f_zpsf5723a3b.jpg

I just got the same brand for $2.49/lb and i thought that was a good deal.

Sounds good... hope those ribs are not loaded with an 'enhanced' solution.

If it is - is loaded and injected with a salt water solution.... will tend to taste like ham; from being partially cured by the solution itself.
Rinse very well; pat dry, and apply a salt-free rub.

Any I've bought haven't been enhanced. Both types of racks have been generously meaty, though.

Sadly up here in Huntsville Canada, the product is only brought in occasionally as a special.

Sounds good... hope those ribs are not loaded with an 'enhanced' solution.

If it is - is loaded and injected with a salt water solution.... will tend to taste like ham; from being partially cured by the solution itself.
Rinse very well; pat dry, and apply a salt-free rub.

Not enhanced. (Until I put my rub on) :thumb:

wow great deal . i cooked a couple racks of those last weekend and they were outstanding .

i'd definitely buy again .

Speaking of smithfield, I used their spare ribs for a big rib cook late last summer and found them to be awesome. Really meaty and were not enhanced. The only place that carries them here is walmart and only 1 walmart that is near me carries them out of 4 stores within 35 miles from me.

Good grief that's a great deal.

I was happy last week at $1.99/lb on the three slabs of spares I bought from BiLo.

Guy i work with said they were some of the best ribs he's had. Told me his secret way to cook them.
First he boils them for 75 minutes with onion and garlic.
Then he puts them in a bag with sauce in the fridge for an hour.
Then he throws them on his gas grill for 10 minutes.

I kinda wish he had kept his "secret" to himself.:crazy:

Back