The Great Key Largo BBQ Championship 11/04-11/05(Merged)

I'll be down to sniff the smoke. Looking foreword to meeting and putting faces to names and recipes. GRiN Can't wait!!!!!:biggrin:

Yes, good luck and a safe and happy weekend to all involved. I was scheduled to be a judge, but scheduling conflicts prevail. Keep up the brethren code!

We'll be getting down there Thursday afternoon. Probably park behind the welcome center until checkin time on Friday.

I've still got some shopping and packing to do Wednesday afternoon.

Good Luck. Have fun. Keep the judges out of your tent prior to turn in!

I'm brewing up finishing sauce and injection now. I've got the travel trailer setup and precooling the fridge and checking out the other systems. I've sorted the boxes and will be packing the final stuff in the next hour or two.

I pick up Charlie Beasley and his wife at 11 pm. Mihwa will stay and visit with Anne while Charlie comes to Key Largo with Tim and me.

Tim dropped by this afternoon and picked up the cooker - we'll launch around 9 or so tommorrow and meet up somewhere below Bradenton where I-75 and I-275 merge and grab a cup of coffee before heading south and then east.

Actually, judges can visit all they want - especially on Friday. Saturday they and we are busy!! What the judges do on their own time is their business! :biggrin: Certain judges have been known to come bearing gifts that need cooking!:rolleyes:

chad said:
I'm brewing up finishing sauce and injection now. I've got the travel trailer setup and precooling the fridge and checking out the other systems. I've sorted the boxes and will be packing the final stuff in the next hour or two.

I pick up Charlie Beasley and his wife at 11 pm. Mihwa will stay and visit with Anne while Charlie comes to Key Largo with Tim and me.

Tim dropped by this afternoon and picked up the cooker - we'll launch around 9 or so tommorrow and meet up somewhere below Bradenton where I-75 and I-275 merge and grab a cup of coffee before heading south and then east.

Actually, judges can visit all they want - especially on Friday. Saturday they and we are busy!! What the judges do on their own time is their business! :biggrin: Certain judges have been known to come bearing gifts that need cooking!:rolleyes:

Like a prime rib?

Dang judges! Just when you start to hate 'em for giving you a farkin' 6 in appearance, they go and bring gifts! LOL!

"Judge Phil"? Sounds like an afternoon reality court program...

Good luck to you guys!

8 hours from Know i will be on a plane to sunny FLA.

Spending thursday with Mom. Havent seen her for a while. Shes been without power and phone since the hurricane slammed into Fort Lauderdale last week.

Then down to largo on Friday and Saturday, leaving sunday to go back to moms and then home on Monday.

Taking the laptop but dont know what kind of Internet there will be at the hotel. So hold down the fort ladies and I'll be back Monday after finally using by cool blue KCBS offical judging shirt.

Smokin' - Fishin' ??

I will roll-in about Beer:30 on Friday.........
It’s about a 3.5-4 hr drive from Sebring pulling the rig.
I've been to the keys more times than I can count and this is the first time I won't be pulling my boat.

Attachments

• Tarpon on 10lb test.jpg
    Tarpon on 10lb test.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 58