Moist butt & dry boobs (pron of course)

garyk1398

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Here is a Saturday's cook. The butt turned out great butt my boobs were a lil' dry. This was my first try at a smoked turkey and got some advice from a friend who recommended I pull the boobs off at 160*. Unfortunately, I pulled them off at 170*:mad: :hand:I had a good excuse cuz I was building 2 UDS's during the cook.:bow:

Before I show the pron... quick question... What types of meals would you recommend I make with the slightly dried boobs?:confused:

Last edited:
How about some sort of turkey casserole or turkey tettrazini? The sauce should help moisten the turkey.

Two things immediately come to mind....

Turkey Gumbo
attachment.php

Turkey and Dumplings
Turkey_Dumplins7.jpg

Go to the food network site and look up "Kentucky Hot Browns", a sandwich invented by an Inn in KY. I think someone had one in a TD recently but not guite the version I saw.

Shred it and do some green enhiladas.
The shred plus braising in the green enhilada sauce outta help.
Just made meself hungry.

How about some sort of turkey casserole or turkey tettrazini? The sauce should help moisten the turkey.

WOW thanx RonL! I was starting to think I was obsessed with my grill/smoker collection. Then I saw your's & realized it's normal to have a patio full!

I vote for N8MAN on Turkey and dumpings you can take some and chop up and add diced celery,white pepper

i say cover those boobs with a thick coat of oil and massage it in gently b t thouroughly, oh wait you were talking about turkey, well i quess settle for the dumplings

That why gravey was invented for dry turk. BTA it sure looks good

Try a soup... can't get much more moist then a soup... I like a good turkey noodle after thanksgiving with the leftovers.

Back