• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Southern York County bbq Cook Off 9/10-9/11

Hey Guys,

Hawgs Gone Smokin will be there. We did not make this event last but we are looking forward to it this year. See you there.

Sorry... can't be there... something about my 10 year wedding anniversary (Sept 9) .
Somehow she wants the weekend. :icon_blush:

I may stop up on Saturday, and if the weather is like it was last year, I'll bring my ark!

Zombie Barbecue team will be there. This is our first KCBS sanctioned event. We're stoked. looking forward to meeting everybody.
Got lots of hops on hand and lots of smoke in our throats!

We were hoping the date would change as we have the Bowers Chile Pepper Festival to do. Have a great time and someone keep Sal under control.

We were hoping the date would change as we have the Bowers Chile Pepper Festival to do. Have a great time and someone keep Sal under control.

Yeah it sucks we'll miss it but Bowers Pepper Fest freakin Rules! Also that weekend is an Oyster Fest in Woxall, PA, a kickass mushroom fest near Plymouth Meeting, and an oyster/bbq fest in Conn. Christ. I can't keep up with these food fests, neither can my belt!! see everybody at York!

Is anybody doing the sausage or chef's choice categories?

Here are the times for the turn-in's on Saturday:

Sausage 11:30 am
Chef's Choice 2:00 pm

1/2 hour before and after is a bit brutal, especially for Chef's Choice. Sausage has standard KCBS garnish rules, but chef's choice is wide open. We're going to the sausage category, but we'll have to skip chef's choice. I know I'll be totally burnt by then anyway.

Slumpbuster BBQ will be there. This is our first sanctioned KCBS competition also. We have only competed in two other competitions, both one day ribs and chicken only. We are looking forward to our first full event.

Good luck everyone!

Porter Mac's Rockin' BBQ is in! Our first sanctioned event as a solo team...

Smokopolis BBQ will be there.

Our finishes last year @ Southern York:
5th place brisket
7th place chicken
9th place ribs
4th place sausage

Is anybody doing the sausage or chef's choice categories?

Here are the times for the turn-in's on Saturday:

Sausage 11:30 am
Chef's Choice 2:00 pm

1/2 hour before and after is a bit brutal, especially for Chef's Choice. Sausage has standard KCBS garnish rules, but chef's choice is wide open. We're going to the sausage category, but we'll have to skip chef's choice. I know I'll be totally burnt by then anyway.

My vote is not to do sausage this year but I think we'll wind up doing it since we did well last year. Last year we were 4th but we didn't even know until we looked at the score sheet. They only announced first through third in sausage last year. Plus it was the 2pm turn-in. There was no chef's choice last year. Personally, I'd rather do the chef's choice instead of the sausage this year. Good luck in whatever you guys decide to do.

Back