should i ?

M

mjancel

should i make this long so i can cook a 100# pig. right now my door openning is 3' long. i have no clue how big a 100# pig this is my 1st pig i ever cooked

Attachments

• 0608101808.jpg
    0608101808.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 189
I don't think you'll get a 100 pounder in that. You might if you cut off the head and legs but tending it may be a problem.

I don't know.. Should you?? How would you? (That might help the decision...) :confused::biggrin1:

Cheers

Nope... it's not going to go in there. Send the PIG to me... I will take complete care of it. You can just cook a ham...

if you 1/4 the hog it might fit, if you wernt so far away I could bring you a smoker you could fit 3 100# hogs on

should i make this long so i can cook a 100# pig. right now my door openning is 3' long. i have no clue how big a 100# pig this is my 1st pig i ever cooked

Was it me or was he asking if she should make his grill LONGER so he could fit the 100 pounder??

Cheers

lol i made this out of a 60 gal air compressor tank. i am going to cut the end off with the exhaust and weld another tank to it. i should have about 6 ' in length and about 20" wide

I cooked a 105 LB dressed hog a couple weeks ago in a 48" La Caja China. He was too big. It was a battle to stuff him in - required some extreme Chiropractic.

Bottom line - that cooker is too small to cook a whole hog over 75 pounds. If you take off the head and break it down to hams, shoulders and ribs you might make it.

P.S.: Very interesting method for moving smoke from the firebox to the cooking chamber. Does the smoker maintain temp easily in bad weather?

Last edited:
Are you planning on cooking hogs on a regular basis? If not, i think it's a waste of time and money to modify your pit for 1 cook.

I agree with 1funvet, you should build a larger pit for hogs, and keep the smaller one for other things.

Go with a new pit, or modify this one. If I remember correctly you had some issues just getting this one up to speed, so adding to it will only add problems. You have some great stuff there and to add a bigger cook chamber and modify the firebox whouldn't be a real big issue. I'm sure the practice here will make a new improved pig cooker allot easier.

well i am making it longer. starting tonight. here are some brisket i did last week

Attachments

• 0715100604.jpg
    0715100604.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 0721101940.jpg
    0721101940.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 41
not yet until i try it .. it gets hot and enuf heat seems to flow up to the box. with the air damper closed all the way. so i may unleash a beast when it can suck more air ..

Good Luck man... Let us know how it comes out.

Cheers

Back