Buying Kingsford today

W

wsm

Went to Sam's in St Louis - $11 or $12 for 42# of the new two groove - Yucka-Boo

Lowes accross the street - $6.77 for 20# of the good stuff

Home Depot down the street - $7.98 for 2 x 20# of K - I only bought 80# - I'm just not a serious cooker

Just cooked with the new chit last weekend. Didn't notice much difference except for the fact that it burns alot faster than the old stuff, doesn't light any quicker, still gives off the black smoke when you first light it. Had to use an extra 1/2 chimney to set the bark. Not a big fan, but what are the options??? Lump??? No way--- Too hot--Too Fast for my smokers.

Spice
You may want to try DuraFlame briquets, using them I have found heat and time is like the old Kingsford and much less ash.
DuraFlame does sponsor cooking teams with Charcoal, with your pits I would think you would be a natural for the program. I have all the contact info, would be happy to recommend you to them.

Thanks for the tip Jim. I think I will try duraflame myself. I use charcoal to heat up the stick burner before throwing in precious wood.

WOW... just picked up two 24# bags of Kingsford at Home Depot for $7.98

Wish I could find Royal Oak Lump so cheap..... :cool:

Got some Royal Oak Lump To try out my new BDS coming in this week
Couldnt find old Kingsford

GitUrDone said:
Got some Royal Oak Lump To try out my new BDS coming in this week
Couldnt find old Kingsford

Someone did email Kingsford and they said they were still going to sell the old stuff. Me thinks they are full of cr@p. Screw the consumer!!!!!

MrSmoker said:
They still have the old stuff at my HD here.

We'll just have to wait and see what is sent to all the stores come this spring up here in the North East. Fortunately for me I have about 350 LBS of the old stuff.

No lump in your cookers, huh Jay? Whew! Glad I saw that post before I wernt out and bought a chit load of it!

Have any of you MOFOs seen Duraflame briquets around the state? I can't recall seeing them anywhere and I'd be interested in trying them on Jim's advice.

Jeff_in_KC said:
No lump in your cookers, huh Jay? Whew! Glad I saw that post before I wernt out and bought a chit load of it!

Have any of you MOFOs seen Duraflame briquets around the state? I can't recall seeing them anywhere and I'd be interested in trying them on Jim's advice.

http://www.duraflame.com/locator01.html

There you go Jeff. Shows national chains on the right, click the state for locals. Couple phone calls (especially in the Spring, at least up north here) will get you a few leads

I went to my local HD and they were sold out. Went to another and the had 2/20s for 9.48. I bought a couple but not as cheap as you guys found it.

I was at my local Wally-World the other day here in Central Florida and all they had was the New Kingsford stuff, about 3-4 pallets I think. They also had a pallet of the Kingsford Lump so I bought a couple of bags.

JTMcD.

Solidkick said:
Bill,

I did call a couple locally, and all they were carrying was the fireplace log....

That's pretty much the extent of the DuraFlame around my area too.

JTMcD.

Back