• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

new and need help on beef roast

bobbyd0800

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I am new to the forum and tried to find help on past posts for beef roast but5 didnt. I have a few left over roast from the last beef I had butchered and currently have another one coming. I want to smoke them any Ideas. thanks in advance

Plus three on what kind of roast. Some need to be cooked to rare to med rare and sliced thin, some need to be cooked to the point of rendering the fat and connective tissue.

The more marbled the meat, the more cooking it can take. If it's lean, cook it no more than rare, then slice thin across the grain and make sandwiches.

there are all kinds of roast. We aren't roast fans and I didn't have the butcher grind them so I have most left. but thanks for the info.

Well, if you don't like roasts, I would suggest, buying a cheap meat grinder, and grinding them into burger. If you want to cook them, I would find a recipe for each style. You can't cook them all the same. If you don't want to buy a grinder, if you take your time, you can do an ok job of grinding in a food processor. You just have to work in small batches, and pulse.

I do have the grinding equipment. We process our own deer. Just wanted to try something different. We have a lot of chuck roast and the pepper stout beef sounds great. thanks for all the info

I do have the grinding equipment. We process our own deer. Just wanted to try something different. We have a lot of chuck roast and the pepper stout beef sounds great. thanks for all the info

Pepper stout beef is good with chuck. You can also season it like a brisket, and smoke it, for slicing or pulling either one. It also is good corned.

Back