• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pierogi Party

polishdon

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Once a year my family gets together to make pierogis. Yesterday was the day, figured I'd share some pics of some non Q action.

Between making the dough, cutting it to size, putting the fillings in and then cooking the rogis it takes a small team to do it quickly.
2013-01-06140633.jpg

First step is getting the dough kneaded and through the pasta maker to get it the correct thickness.
2013-01-06140651.jpg

Once the dough is ready we send it over to the "fillers"
2013-01-06141648-1.jpg

After they are filled they come to my boil and fry station
2013-01-06151655.jpg

1.jpg

Made for a great meal with some kielbasa, cheese rogis on the left, potato on the right, and kraut in the blue pan
2013-01-06164018.jpg

I love pierogies, I can eat them all day! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Loving all that pierogie action! They look great! I finally got my aunt to teach me how to make our family recipe a few weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to try it on my own yet, but you'll see some pron when I do. They are a labor of love for sure. :thumb: Damn, now I'm hungry.

Not going to reply about the non bbq post but I have a great pirogi story. I tried my first hand at making them (not good) well anyways made a ton,flour everywhere and had a huge pile of them ....well up until till the wife got home and asked me what I was doing. She says what's this pile of stuff? I said pirogi. She said yeah like maybe one big one. WHAT? The whole big pile was all stuck together. Out of about 50 I managed to get a dozen. DANG learned a lesson. Most stuck together! DANG IT!

Not going to reply about the non bbq post but I have a great pirogi story. I tried my first hand at making them (not good) well anyways made a ton,flour everywhere and had a huge pile of them ....well up until till the wife got home and asked me what I was doing. She says what's this pile of stuff? I said pirogi. She said yeah like maybe one big one. WHAT? The whole big pile was all stuck together. Out of about 50 I managed to get a dozen. DANG learned a lesson. Most stuck together! DANG IT!

Bummer. Gotta make sure to use a lot of flour on them so they don't stick together.

Great looking family, cook and pics, outstanding! :thumb:

Thanks for posting.

Bob

Man I'm beyond jealous. Typically me and my dad make a batch at Christmas but the schedule didn't work this year so we missed it. We have the same set up (roll, fill, boil, fry) just not as many people. Hopefully for Easter we might get some made...it was the only thing missing from Christmas this year. You make yours smaller which is similar to ours as well. Most homemade ones I've seen look like a mini football...end up with too much dough..bleh! When they are small you can have a whole lot more! :-D

Very nice!

We have a guy here in Western NY who started a small company that goes by The Perogi Guy. He has all the traditional flavored but he also has a pulled pork and Buffalo chicken wing Perogi. Man they are good. My dad came from the Ukraine and my brother inlaw is A Polish immigrant and I have had the authentic thing but I must confess I prefer these two favors. Probably the Bbq in me overruling the tradition.

Back