PBC Brisket and Flintstone Bronto Ribs!

It looks great! What are your thoughts on the sauce?

I really liked it straight out the bottle. It's sweet, and has a nice hit to it. I hardly use sauce straight. I like to thin it out and glaze with several coats. This is a sauce that I'd like to use straight out the bottle for some chicken quarters. For beef, I don't want to over power a good beef taste. For some quarters, this stuff will do well with the chicken skin and then move itself into the chicken meat. That's on my to do list with this sauce. Most times I doctor up the store bought sauces. I left this one as is. (except for some cerveza)

Bob

Brisket Pron!

This packer had a very lean point. Almost seemed like I had a briskie with two flats!
Hitch-Brisket-Ribs027_zpsd195f91e.jpg

Sliced up point. REALLY good!
Hitch-Brisket-Ribs028_zps65597764.jpg

The flat. I was really pleased. Took Donnie's advice on the pull and wrap, but I used a foil pan instead. On my shopping list is some BP. I will say that pulling it for wrapping at 165, made a big difference for me. This flat was by far one of the best that I have cooked in a long while.
Hitch-Brisket-Ribs029_zps940ae825.jpg

Pulled apart nicely. I can't complain.
Hitch-Brisket-Ribs030_zps7b6f1a28.jpg

Great flavor and one of the better packers that I have done in a long while. The PBC rocked it!:becky:
Hitch-Brisket-Ribs031_zpsfff450ec.jpg

Man that brisket and a cold one sound real good right about now. I hate Mondays. Nice job on the beef. :thumb:

Thanks everyone. This was a last minute cook. Haven't had much time to smoke anything, much less a brisket in a while. Seems we have something going on every Saturday with the kids and it's tough to get a smoke going on Sunday and then hit the work week the next day. Had some brisket for lunch and it was mighty fine.
As stated, the Brethren Logo is an option on the PBC at least I think it still is. Now that I know how it will turn out a brisket, all I gotta do is start the cook earlier next time and it will work out just fine.
The kids still had onion breath this morning!:-D Coco seems hungover!

Gotta say that clean up was a breeze. Still had some lump and briqs left over in the basket. Brisket tacos sometime this week!:-D

That's the most fun I've had with a post in some time! You really get the feel of the Q and the dog and the family across.

Back