Ribs, Chops,Steaks and Wings

jonboy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I had to stop at sams club yesterday and noticed a new book from Dr.BBQ.
It is titled "Ribs,Chops,Steaks and Wings".
I flipped thru the first few pages and knew this was a keeper.:becky:
The photography is outstanding and inspired me to grab a package of ribs to smoke.
The apricot glazed rib recipe turned out great.:thumb:
My camera is broken, (will not turn on or off, new batteries dont seem to help) or i would offer up some pics.
This book should be required reading for everyone wanting to increase their skills at the grill. OR would make a great gift for beginners.

I do have a question regarding the timeline for ribs.
The recipes suggest wrapping the ribs in foil for an hour.
If i don't wrap the ribs, how much time should i add to the cook?
Thanks for the help,
jon

Hey thanks! I didn't know it was headed to Sam's club but that's certainly good news!

The added time will depend how tender you want them. Probably add 30-60 minutes.

I'll have to check that book out. Coming out of hibernation here in NY. Didn't smoke all winter- Tomorrow I get back in the saddle with some ribs and chicken

Thanks Jon...I gotta check this one out. I'm a big fan of his Big Time BBQ Cookbook...:cool:

Thanks, Ray.
There are 2 other recipes that stand out or i should say are begging to be tried.
The Coffee-Rubbed Pork Chops and
The Seared Tuna Steak with Wasabi Butter.

If you do a book signing/tour of sams clubs let us know.:)
jon

I'm not a big fan of the foiling thing either, but the last few times I've been experimenting a bit. I found that 3hrs 15min naked and then 40 min in the foil gave me good results and didn't make my ribs a bit mushy. I've tried the famous 3-2-1 method and ruined both racks. Had to spoon em out of the grill.

Thanks, Ray.
There are 2 other recipes that stand out or i should say are begging to be tried.
The Coffee-Rubbed Pork Chops and
The Seared Tuna Steak with Wasabi Butter.

If you do a book signing/tour of sams clubs let us know.:)
jon

"Seared Tuna Steaks with Wasabi Butter" is compliments of Chris from Dizzy Pig and it's a good one!

Back