UDS Inaugural Run

rocketmanray

Full Fledged Farker
My helper.... Sasha my 14 year old Dalmatian wondering what all the fuss is about with the UDS build. She a true Florida dog, and gets cold when the temperature goes below about 70 degrees.

I made a couple of fatties, and put them on the UDS. One stuffed with with feta and spinach; the other two were naked. Holding a 225 with valve half open. The top is a little loose, I'm still looking for a Weber lid. Note second barrel in background.

Will dutifully report after the fatties are done... if I can still type <swills another beer beween keystrokes>.

RMR

Attachments

• UDS build 003.jpg
    UDS build 003.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 125
  • UDS build 005a.jpg
    UDS build 005a.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 124
  • UDS build 002.jpg
    UDS build 002.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 124
Proud drum head

The picture just doesn't do it justice..

My wife now isn't going to mind at all that this "damn drum" is now sitting by the side of the house. she sampled and seemed to enjoy.

The neighbors didn't seem to mind a bit to come over a solicit advice and want to know when the "fatties" were going to get done.

Dang the pictures don't do it justice for something so simple.

Boston Butt next weekend....

There's just something about a fatty, a cold beer and a nice Saturday afternoon sittin' on the back porch.

RMR

Attachments

• UDS build Food pron 002.jpg
    UDS build Food pron 002.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 86
RMR, like your style as it all looks good. If you would have been sitting on my back porch today...well...you would still be there posing as an ice sculpture. Oh well. Looks good brother.

Good lookin' eats right there! What's all that green chit in your yard?

So we don't get into too much trouble with the Mr. Moderator for getting too far off topic... :icon_blush:

We plant our gardens in Florida in the fall (Sept), and hope the hurricanes don't literally wipe them out. I've plant a fall garden three times in one year, the peppers and tomatoes tend to struggle when all ther leave removed by 80+ mph wind gusts. If we can get through Oct without a big blow we're usually in good shape for the winter. We sometimes worry about a freeze below 32, but it has to last more than 4 to 6 hours overnight.

All that green is lettuce, I plant about six different kinds. Cilantro, basil, onions, green peppers included in the mix......

Interesting to note, in April, I pull it all out of the ground and throw in the compost bin. The Florida summer is buggy, mosquitos and garden leaf chewing kind.... it's best to admit defeat and just wait for the cool fall and winter months.

RMR

Back