View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Personally I wouldn't turn in Korobuta spares, something about the flavor that I'm not sure the Judges are ready for. The ones I can get are not that big in the first place and even though I have a meat sponsor, if I was paying for them the price is too much to justify getting dumped on by the professional eaters.

Butts are a different thing, IMO they are richer flavored and you could turn them in without injecting and do well. My supplier carries boneless in the 7-8 lb range.
I have cooked quite a few CT Butts at home and for our supplier (banned from KCBS events) and they cook differently than the Butts and can see now why people were using them-its like a giant Money Muscle and excellent for slicing, but not for pulled IMO.

I'd love to pull these out and try them on the judges-

Short ribs! These are out of the world! But then again why take a chance on some a$$wad dinging you for "uneven knife cuts"?? Just sayin'.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote