• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smokey D's? Iowa

O

Olduk

Hey all you IA Q'ers. I heard talk of Smokey D's gettin a new location over at Nationwide/Allied Building. Has anyone heard anything about this? We at least know of a BBQ place coming in. Which will be nice on my part cause then its only 4 floors away, not a 15min. walk. :wink:

I don't know if its the Nationwide building but they are opening a 3rd resturant. I think he said it was West Des Moines somewhere.

Hmm, well we are hoping its our Building. They would do well there. We normally go to South Union once a week, but we will be going there is they come here. Would be good for them especially when the new Blue Cross Blue Sheild building is done.

Yeah I am pretty sure it is somewhere by Nationwide or in the new expansion......3rd hand information of course!

On the website they have the skywalk East of the Ruan building as the only new location. Have you been to that one? I haven't yet but plan too one of these days for lunch. Oddly enough I want to try the chicken salad sandwhich!

http://www.smokeydsbbq.com/

Ya that's the one in the Skywalks. Its pretty good, small place so not a ton of seating for the traffic they get there. One thing i haven't had there is there ribs. I will get em next time and they have pretty good sides as well. I haven't had there Chicken salad Sandwich. There smoked Sausage is awesome though. love how they cut it up and put it on the hoagie. Great way to serve it.

Hope he has the grand opening on the weekend of July 17 or July 31 :mrgreen:

Hey all you IA Q'ers. I heard talk of Smokey D's gettin a new location over at Nationwide/Allied Building. Has anyone heard anything about this? We at least know of a BBQ place coming in. Which will be nice on my part cause then its only 4 floors away, not a 15min. walk. :wink:

I just spoke to Darren (the owner). They will be opening a location at 12th and Locust in the new Nationwide Building. It probably won't be till September till they are open. I'm on 4C in claims.

DMDon, thanks for the news on that. Alot of us are excited to get a place down stairs and for it to be Smokey D's is even better! I'm in 5E in 1200 in CLPC.

I dont know what I would do if I had a BBQ resturant walking distance for me every day. Seriously ... I dont know what I would do ....

I dont know what I would do if I had a BBQ resturant walking distance for me every day. Seriously ... I dont know what I would do ....

Ya i am gonna have to leave my wallet at home!

Here is what is says in our Inside email we get at work.

"Smokey D's BBQ is moving in to part of the retail space at 1200 Locust St. and will be open for lunch later this summer. The restaurant has won more than 400 awards locally, regionally, and nationally for its BBQ. They continually differentiate themselves by competing regularly in BBQ competitions sanctioned by the Kansas City BBQ Society."

Back