A Pretty Good BBQ 2009

I'm going to steal Pat's thunder a bit, and let you all know the interview went well.

To the cooks that were at the 2008 PGBBQ:

I'm trying to think of ways to make this a great event for you all. I've come up with my own ideas, but I realized I should ask you all what you'd like to have...

To make this a really fun event for you, what would be on your wish list? Keep this within the scope of what the church can or will be willing to offer.

The only thing I would have improved would have been to have all of the cooks together, and you have already addressed that.

This is just my opinion, but prepping, cooking, and preparing the finished goods for the folks of Dayton was the reason I came down last year (well, that AND meeting all of the guys who were there).

I'll go out on a limb here, but since it is a church function, maybe a "Holy Smokes" led bible study on Saturday night for those who are so inclined?

Good idea on the bible study... One thing I had also considered, if weather is good, was to have some of the band playing outside that evening, even getting some of the neighbors in the area over.

And I will have movies lined up, especially if the weather is bad.

It would be great if the Fromunda Brothers band could entertain us.
Not sure if thats possible though, they did a masterfull job at the fall Ohio bash at Ricks.

Curt, let me know what I can bring to help feed the cooks and the others.

Mike,

Pat and I are feeding everyone Saturday evening! We'll figure out the menu soon.

As for entertainment, we will have movies inside. :)

I have found two bands that are interested in performing for us. Jason and Cindy Parsons turned me on to them. I have also spoken to Jim and he seems interested.

To be honest, I enjoyed just sitting out and talking with the guys last year so I'm not that interested in movies...

The one thing that proved to be a 'God Send' last year was the fact SmokeandBeer brought hot dogs and buns for those that stopped by during the evening and night... That may be some thing to plan on rather than just think about...

Also, you had mentioned that you might have some helpers out there for set-up, take down, and tending fires... I think that would be a great outreach to those so inclined. Nothing like helping to give you pride in serving...

I do think it would be fun to once again do the mini comps for ABT's, Fatties, and maybe even Moink Balls... Maybe even a "Mass" Moink Ball Certification. (Sorry, couldn't pass on the 'Mass' reference...)

You already said that you were going to supply electricity and we have access to water so what else do we need????

To be honest, I enjoyed just sitting out and talking with the guys last year so I'm not that interested in movies...
Same here. The guys who showed up were so entertaining, there was no need for a band or movies. Movies might be good if the kids come though.

The one thing that proved to be a 'God Send' last year was the fact SmokeandBeer brought hot dogs and buns for those that stopped by during the evening and night... That may be some thing to plan on rather than just think about...
Good call.

I do think it would be fun to once again do the mini comps for ABT's, Fatties, and maybe even Moink Balls... Maybe even a "Mass" Moink Ball Certification. (Sorry, couldn't pass on the 'Mass' reference...)

You already said that you were going to supply electricity and we have access to water so what else do we need????
Water: check. Electricity: check. Smokers: check. Brethren: check. Go for launch.

Unless you want to see mass lightning strikes and storms beyond recognition, you may want to rethink the bible study thing If I'm down there!! It may also be important to mark off a 100' mark from the church property so I know what line not to cross!!

Scott

I agree with Jeff and Clark, the best part of the night was sitting in the rain just visiting and telling stories!

You got a lot on your plate Curt, speaking for myself, but i don't need any entertainment.

Thats why i bring Mike! :twisted:

Uhhhh "It's like brisket on a stick" comes to mind and I read the last few posts... I agree that movies and even the band could be over kill. If we are gonna have youngins we can set something up for them but for the most part we can slide on the movies and band.

We will have our handss full keeping the locals at bay...

Jeff is doing the hotdogs again... his wife's idea... The movies are more just in case people need to get inside... we had them last year, didn't play any. The only problem with the band is the neighborhood not wanting to hear it. :)

And, Scott, one great thing about our church is we welcome everyone. :)

Don't mention it to the staff, but I have something planned for midnight...

Back