A deal is a deal and this is a steel

Sterling, I understand not wanting to give away secrets, I'm not asking for that. And I do appreciate what has been given so far. But if you'd offer what you use on what and what base rub you use or what winners have used, you probably would see a jump in sales seeing how you are the only one selling BPS rubs.

I love your and Stephs products and many of them fill my cabinets, but I'd like to know how to use them best together and on which meats. It could keep me and others coming back before we give up and move on to the next rub.

Just food for thought.

Sterling, I understand not wanting to give away secrets, I'm not asking for that. And I do appreciate what has been given so far. But if you'd offer what you use on what and what base rub you use or what winners have used, you probably would see a jump in sales seeing how you are the only one selling BPS rubs.

I love your and Stephs products and many of them fill my cabinets, but I'd like to know how to use them best together and on which meats. It could keep me and others coming back before we give up and move on to the next rub.

Just food for thought.

Number one I give a TON of information out.....I just gave one big one in this very thread as Im in the top ten in pork. You arent asking for my secrets...just what I use on what and what base rubs and while Im at it what other winners have used. Its not fair to ask me for my recipes or procedures...its less fair for you to ask me how other teams have won with my stuff.... If you were one of the Elite teams or one of the other of the several top cooks that use our stuff and I babbled it on the net you would drop me like a hot potato.

There is a fine line here...some expect and actually demand on the phone and email a detailed recipe for all four meats with the purchase of one bottle of rub. Buy a bottle and get a lesson. I promise we will give you a lot but not all. In the days before the internet and classes people practice cooked over and over searching for a winning profile. I cooked HUNDREDS of practice cooks creating these rubs and tons more figuring out how to best blend them.

Please put the same expectations on me that you have for the other rub companies

If you follow my facebook I post EXACTLY how I use my stuff...most of it isnt comp meat but you get a very good idea.

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
Man, enough information has been given. Trust me a few cooks,trial and error/ practice is all that's needed now. We figured it out doing the same; that's the fun!

Thanks for the tips, Sterling.

I'm not asking or demanding for exact recipes, that's the kind of stuff people pay good money to get and people make good money giving. But suggested pairings is what I'm looking for. On your site, say what Jallelujah Seasoned Jalapeno Salt goes well with. It says meat, well no kidding. Does it pair well with beef, pork, poultry, fish, all of the above, non of the above, etc., that's all I'm asking for. I don't want you to give away the farm or give away other teams recipes.

I understand what I asked, and I'm sorry if you took that as asking for your teams or other teams recipes, that was not my intent. I just want to know what goes well with what, that's it. A lot of rubs say something to the effect of "good with pork and chicken" or "good with chicken and fish" etc., a starting point. Once a good understanding of the rub is established, then allow each cook to branch out.

Something more than "meat" is what I'm after, a starting point, but not exact recipes.

big dolphin...buy the pack and I can buy my grand daughter shoes...just a joke

Here is a infographic from website....

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/bpsrubsinfographic

That is PERFECT, thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for. Where is that on your site? I've never seen that before.

Thank you, Sterling, that was all I wanted.

Now I need to go add stuff to my cart.

Thanks for the tips, Sterling.

I'm not asking or demanding for exact recipes, that's the kind of stuff people pay good money to get and people make good money giving. But suggested pairings is what I'm looking for. On your site, say what Jallelujah Seasoned Jalapeno Salt goes well with. It says meat, well no kidding. Does it pair well with beef, pork, poultry, fish, all of the above, non of the above, etc., that's all I'm asking for. I don't want you to give away the farm or give away other teams recipes.

I understand what I asked, and I'm sorry if you took that as asking for your teams or other teams recipes, that was not my intent. I just want to know what goes well with what, that's it. A lot of rubs say something to the effect of "good with pork and chicken" or "good with chicken and fish" etc., a starting point. Once a good understanding of the rub is established, then allow each cook to branch out.

Something more than "meat" is what I'm after, a starting point, but not exact recipes.
You pretty much answered your own question..do some trial cooks like everyone else and figure out what works with what..earlier this year I made the change to using BPS and SM rubs..since then we have racked up 6 GC's and 1 RGC using a combo of both of their products..I along with most here practice different flavors and rub combos..that's part of the fun of cooking!..you asking for more than what's already been given is like saying "hey your wife is Smokin hot!..but now can I see her naked?"..I hope this analogy comes across right and you get my point..that point is we as comp cooks put in hard work and tons of time perfecting what we do and those we share info with are our close friends..close friends we have built TRUST in..and trust doesn't come easy so I'm sure you can understand why you won't get exact anything..but I will give the following info

BPS Rubs
Jalapeño salt(works on all meats)
Happy Ending(chicken,beef,fish)
Sweet money(pork, chicken)
Money(beef)
Double secret(beef and any red meat)
Little Louie (goes great on everything and every meat not to mention Mac and cheese and potatoes o brien)

SM rubs
Cherry(chicken pork)
Spicy apple(pork chicken)
Pecan(chicken pork and beef)
Sweet seduction(chicken pork)
Peppered cow(beef and all red meat)

So as you can see these rubs are very diverse and work great together..try double secret and cherry On your next steak..or sweet money with a little pecan or spicy apple..the possibilities are endless really..good luck!

Back