Commercial Smokers

• Thread starter TexaninKunshanChina
  • Start date
T

TexaninKunshanChina

Does anyone have experience with commercial smokers such as Southern Pride, Ole Hickory and/or Holstein smokers? Others recommended? Any quality issues with these manufacturers (Southern Pride, Ole Hickory, Holstein)?

Any recommendations to rotating vs convection smokers some offer both?

Just out of curiousity. How would you get any one of these smokers to China?

Oyler Pits!

I have an Ole hickory Ultra Que and love it! Not a true commercial pit but the quality is tops and I would expect it to be the same in the larger cookers.

Jeff

I've got an Ole Hickory CTO, and this baby is a work horse, and it produces so might fine Q. I've cooked thousands of pounds of meat in it, and the results are always the same, lip smackin' BBQ :becky:.

Hhhmmmm maybe he can a Q craze started in China. But then they been cooking more meats more ways, longer than the US has been a country so maybe they could have some interesting takes on it.

Younger days we used to run a Southern pride and it was a work horse, ran non stop for years it seemed, that's all I have beside shipping to and from Asia is pretty easy these days, we have 40 40 foot containers leave Taiwan every week for LA and Savannah

Whatever you get, I would recommend keeping spare parts of everything important on hand. I would not think that commercial smoker parts are readily available over there. Also, I would try to make sure that it has the capability of running on wood only in case something goes wrong with the gas.

Whatever you get, I would recommend keeping spare parts of everything important on hand. I would not think that commercial smoker parts are readily available over there. Also, I would try to make sure that it has the capability of running on wood only in case something goes wrong with the gas.

Whoops! Sorry bout that. I didn't notice the date on the thread.

Back