read this!! CancersucksChicago..... Spur the moment Brethren fundraiser

$600 so far guys!! Keep it coming!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Done. Lost my Dad in 2002 to bone cancer. Still miss him just as much today.

Good luck and thanks. Don

I'm in - Mom passed on Valentine's Day 5 years ago. Thanks, Phil, for setting this up.

Today would have been my moms 66 birthday. It will be 3 years in august. Thanks Phil !
I can't think of a better way to celebrate her birthday.

Thanks for setting this up Pooh. I can attest first hand that cancer does indeed suck. I go in on Wednesday to have the malignant tumor in my bladder removed. Wish I could have given more, but like you said, every little bit helps.

I lost my wife to it about a year ago. Donation sent.

Done-Another great job by our Grand Poohbah.:thumb:

I'm in, my father is battling lung cancer right now, so let's beat this sonofagun!!!

$705 guys.. You folks are awesome!! :clap2:

Lets see...............can we make $1000 by tomorrow night? Any takers?

Donated from the other half of BBQ-Brethren Team. Thanks Phil, lost Dad to Cancer and mom had it just after my brother was born. Not a nice disease at all. Good Luck Scottie!!!!

Since this isn't in Competition, Scottie will probably never see it :-D

Ha... I think the only reason was there was a link on the Comp Forum. and the muscle of the Mods let me out for good behavior for a while... :becky:

I am not really sure how to respond to this.. So I will thank Phil once again, for his gesture. It amazes me how many people are effected by this horrible disease. It truly humbles me with so many folks losing a loved one. I hope one day to see the cure, but until then, I will continue our fight. Even if we are able to effect one life, it will be a success for me and my girls.

I'd also like to "honor" the Brethren at our annual golf outing in a couple of weeks. I would love to have the Brethren sponsor signs at our hole in one hole. I'll cover all the insurance for the hole. It is a good way to recognize all of the Brethren who have a loved one that is a survivor and to all that have lost a loved one.

Thanks guys.

Cancer Sucks!

Scottie

In memory of my wife and looking towards the future and a cure.

I feel fortunate to count Scottie as a friend.

I'm also grateful on several different levels. Cancer has touched my family more than once. My Grandmother, my Mom, my wife, and finally myself last year. Phil and a few other people know that I was diagnosed with colon cancer last year. The same thing that took Scottie's wife from him and his girls. Being over 40, I went in to get checked out and got lucky! It was detected about as quickly as possible. My doc is pretty anal(no pun intended) and I've been clean so far. Looking forward to that 1 yr. anniversary.

I don't know if a nickel of the money Scottie has raised contributed to the early detection in my case. I do know that the money he has raised will benefit others! There are many worthwhile organizations out there. Scottie gets my support, and has for several years, because of the lack of overhead and admin costs. What I donate, goes directly to where it can do the most good. He'll talk trash all day long with friends about competition BBQ, but if you talk to him about his foundation he's as humble as hell.

No donation is too small to make a difference.

Thanks for everything you've done, for so many people Scottie!

Thank you George.

You are a good friend to my girls, my foundation and myself.

Money sent. Thanks Phil Great cause. My mother passed from cancer almost 3 years ago

Donation made to a good cause. Keep up the good work Scottie.

Back