Please Check My Pricing for an Upcoming Event.

txschutte

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Cozad'sBands, Brews and BBQ is on July11.

The Chamber of Commerce called me to ask to vend, as only one other vendor is signed on.

I am planning on 3 bones (With tips still attached for eye value) slaw, and beans for $8.

PP and briskie sammie (1/4lb) meals for $6.

Captive audience, lots of drinking, smoker will be going. (I know my competitor WON"T have his out)

Whaddaya guys say?

Cozad'sBands, Brews and BBQ is on July11.

The Chamber of Commerce called me to ask to vend, as only one other vendor is signed on.

I am planning on 3 bones (With tips still attached for eye value) slaw, and beans for $8.

PP and briskie sammie (1/4lb) meals for $6.

Captive audience, lots of drinking, smoker will be going. (I know my competitor WON"T have his out)

Whaddaya guys say?

I would go a bit higher on your PP and Brisket Sammies. 6 bucks is really cheep. You cant even get a McDonalds Meal for 6 bucks now. I am betting your pulled Pork or Brisket tastes 1,000,000 times better than anything McDonalds sells, why go less than that.

More than fair I am doing a chamber event soon Pulled Pork,Chicken,Slaw,beans,rolls all condiments and service ware $13.00/head

Looks fair, it is better to sell out at your prices than have meat left over. YMMV

We do meals for $7 (Sandwich and 2 sides). Sandwich alone is $5. Ribs are $11 a half slab, or $8 a meal (1/4 slab).

If your cooking add 10 for liability. If Wyatt cooking you wont have any leftovers.....:twisted:

The way I look at it is, you need to charge for your time regardless of what you are cooking. By that I mean, a man is worth his hourly/daily wage. Never go into a job thinking about being low priced in order to get the next job. Let the qulaity of your food speak for itself, that will either sell the next job or it won't. Sometimes you need to be humbled. Even though we all think we cook good, sometimes or tastebuds are spent. That is another reason to find a good menu and stick to it.

Charge what you feel "that you are worth" then add the price of the product onto that. That is a fair way to charge accordingly in my book. Sometimes you need to charge for plates, napkins and hired help as well. So try not to miss anything or you will be kicking yourself in the ass later.

Back