Question for Smokin' Aussie. Are you planning to enter the Throwdown? Looks like your son and friend did a really good job. :confused:

Like all great cooks, I have a team of slaves that do all the actual work and I take all the credit.....

Ohhh I supplied the lump charcoal too....:becky:

I Find this simply amazing Larry...
Just...Amazing.

TRC1.jpg

After seeing the various dishes with red curry that came from BBQ Grail's bloggers challenge, I was craving red curry. I told Larry in a PM that I had never made any sort of Thai curry, but I was inspired by these dishes so I gave it a shot.

I bought some shrimp at the local grocery store and then found a bottle of A Taste of Thai red curry paste. There was a recipe for Shrimp with Red Curry on the bottle so I went with that.

The recipe started with a can of coconut milk and the red curry paste. I sauted the paste for a few minutes until the aroma drove me crazy and then added the coconut milk and whisked it until smooth...

P3030475.JPG

Then i let it simmer for a few minutes while i grilled some shrimp. I figured that the shrimp would get a lot of flavor from the sauce so i seasoned them with a little kosher salt and fresh ground pepper...

P3030476.JPG

Then I added some fish sauce, brown sugar, baby corn, bamboo shoots, and some frozen mixed veggies (zucchini, yellow squash carrots and green beans) and two of the skewers of shrimp. I wanted one skewer of shrimp for the presentation so I set it on top of the curry to reheat and put a lid on the pan.

P3030477.JPG

After another 10 minutes or so it was all heated and I plated it on a bed of rice for dinner...

P3030478.JPG

P3030480.JPG

(use this pic, Chris)

P3030482.JPG

Thanks for the inspiration, BBQ Grail, Zydecopaws and Landarc! This dish came out fantastic!

Well, that looks great. I love curry with shrimp.

Bloody Magnificent RON! Where was that when I named the CURRY Throwdown!

Way to go!

Cheers!

Bill

There was a curry throwdown? Did I enter it, I probably did, can't remember anymore.

There was a curry throwdown? Did I enter it, I probably did, can't remember anymore.

Don't feel bad... I don't remember it either :rolleyes: It was probably in the middle of competition season for me, which means that I didn't have time.

Don't feel bad... I don't remember it either :rolleyes: It was probably in the middle of competition season for me, which means that I didn't have time.
:laugh: Sadly, the Curry Throwdown was held between 2/26/2010 and 3/7/2010, during the winter, before comp season started. It was a brutal winter, and I think some people may have had some trouble finding their cookers under all of the snow. Some people (Bob) did not receive snow however, so they must have just been asleep or something!:becky:

Curry Throwdown...http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79949

dang, look at those entries, I could have gotten my second zero! I am falling behind DeGuerre, who now has 4 zeroes and a win too.

So you're saying that i had no excuse? :tsk:
I set you up with the perfect excuse! You're from Chicagoland, right? Did you see this part?

It was a brutal winter, and I think some people may have had some trouble finding their cookers under all of the snow.

I'm pretty sure Chicago got a lot more snow than San Leandro!:heh:

Back