View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Talking I Got Introduced To A Carolina Bright Leaf Hot Dog

One of my cookin' buddies has some property on the coast of North Carolina and he returned home from a week long trip this weekend. Usually he brings back shrimp, oysters, clams and the like, so when I get a call Saturday afternoon saying he needed to use my vacuum sealer I figured there would be some kind of samples to be had..... And there were. Hot Dogs. Yes,.. this dude traveled more than halfway across this great nation, through 3 airports, with 6 or 8 pounds of hot dogs in a cooler.

I've never had (or seen) this brand before. They are Carolina Bright Leaf brand. He sounded like a walking advertisement... "They are all beef and pork, only have 8 grams of fat, and a unique blend of special seasonings". So, I spiral cut two of them and cooked them up,.... I was all over them like a big dog. These guys don't hold back when listing the ingredients, most of which I could get behind..... I had a little hesitation about the "pork hearts", but at least it was not "chicken lips" or something.

Anyway, here they are in all their glory. These dogs get a thumbs-up from me, pork hearts and all.

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->