PBC Fatty and Pork Loin

7over

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Fired up the PBC tonight (Thank you Ron_L!!) for my inaugural Nekid Fatty and a Pork Loin.
Tossed in a few chunks of Cherry wood for some sweet smoke.
Rubbed the Fatty with Lawry's and put it on.
It only took about 90 min to get to 170. I pulled it and wrapped it for 45 min.
I cut it up to add to the pot of Bush's baked beans with some onion.

Snuck a bite of the Fatty... the Lawry's made it a little too salty for my taste but in the beans it will be perfect.

For the pork loin I used this recipe I got from the BBQ-Pit Boys website:
Ingredients:
1/4 cup Paprika
1/8 cup Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1-2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
1-2 tablespoons Onion Powder
1 tablespoon Ancho Chili Powder
1/4 cup Coarse Salt
1/4 cup Brown or White Sugar
It's on the rack now... we'll see how she does. PBC is holding at about 280 to 285 after I closed the intake vent down to 1/4 open. Seems like it's working like it's supposed to.

The loin came out of the PBC after just 70 minutes at 145 deg. It's wrapped and in a cambro awaiting the guest's arrival.
I'll get pics up of that when I unwrap it and start slicing.

Attachments

• IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1164.jpeg
    IMG_1164.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1170.jpeg
    IMG_1170.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1172.jpeg
    IMG_1172.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 166
Pork Loin turned out great!

I've got a pic of it unwrapped... but was so enamored with the taste of it that I forgot to get a shot of it sliced. The image is slightly darker than reality... light in the kitchen wasn't so great. But the smoked paprika in the rub added a nice color to the meat.
It was very juicy and tender with a delightful kiss of cherry wood smoke. I can't believe how quickly it cooked and how easily I got these results, having never cooked on a PBC before.

Saturday... I'm getting a couple of Flank Steaks on that thing with some mesquite wood for smoke flavor.

Attachments

• IMG_1174.jpeg
    IMG_1174.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Awesome cook. I also love ployboys when used sparingly.
On the PBC does it have an intake vent or does it vent where the bars go?

I didn't see the hook hole in that fatty :wink: but it looks great!

Awesome cook. I also love ployboys when used sparingly.
On the PBC does it have an intake vent or does it vent where the bars go?

The PBC has an intake vent at the bottom. It's designed to be set once and forgotten... based on how many feet above sea level the cooker is. Outflow is through the holes where the bars go. It would be no trouble to adjust it during a cook but there is not supposed to be a need.
I'll know more as I gain experience and experiment with it. (after I get my own... the one I'm cooking on until May 20 is graciously on loan from Captain Ron)

Plowboys... Never tried it. You like it?

Thanks for the explanation. I think for the price, it is very affordable. You should get you some ployboys to try.

Back