Comp Equipment Q's - Storage

BigBarry

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Folks,

Any suggestions on a storage cabinet/system?

- Multiple-drawer
- Light-weight but strong and durable (nothing from Sterilite!)
- Rain-proof
- 3-5 feet tall
- Wheels?

Thanks!

We built two of these this winter:
(not a great picture, but you get the idea)
multi-drawer kitchen cabinet, kitchen counter top, strong and durable - maybe not lightweight, good height for the average 5'10" + person, 4" casters under each corner, drawers will be screwed in for travel, not entirely rain-proof but we don't intend on leaving them outside unless it's during a comp where they are under a canopy and tarp them up for travel.

Hoping this cuts down time of unpacking/packing multiple totes for each competition. They will be loaded with clean utensils, supplies, towels, rubs, etc prior to leaving the house for the competition. Dirty utensils and towels will go in a cooler with soap and water to agitate on the way home so they are clean enough to drag to the wash machines without being a total mess.

We'll still have a few totes for electrical and smoker type of supplies.

Attachments

• counter.jpg
    counter.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 131
What about the old Boy Scout patrol boxes?

Storage and counter space in one. Easy to make. Portable.

Moduline

photo165.jpg

Rubbermade storage containers.
I love these things. Lightweight, stackable, rain proof. I know where everything is at a comp because each container is clearly labeled. It makes inventory a snap. And did I say they were RAIN PROOF! :-D
Picture.jpg

Roo....the answer is NO! ique, quit planting ideas in his head as we're designing his manshed (so I can have a garage back)!

LOL first thing I said when I saw this was NICE! This is how well she knows me brothers.

BigBerry, are you wanting portable? If not Steelcase has some pretty decent cabinets.

I love these things. Lightweight, stackable, rain proof. I know where everything is at a comp because each container is clearly labeled. It makes inventory a snap. And did I say they were RAIN PROOF! :-D
Picture.jpg
Lakeside, what the heck is sitting in front of that bucket??? I looks like a grey headless turkey.

That's Gaston, he's our chicken mascot...come to think of it that's our worst category...hmmm, maybe it's time for a new mascot...:-D
Picture-1.jpg

This is a storage chest I made. Wanted it to be light enough for two people to load it in the back of a truck or RV with it full. Looked at rolling tool chests, they were too heavy. Bought the plastic chest and convertible hand truck from Sears, put it together with a few U-bolts. I wrap a bungie around it to keep the drawers closed in transit.

Attachments

• resized cabinet.jpg
    resized cabinet.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 71
  • open drawer resize.jpg
    open drawer resize.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 70
Roo....the answer is NO! ique, quit planting ideas in his head as we're designing his manshed (so I can have a garage back)!

Busted before it even comes out of his mouth. It is nice though...

I'd hold out for the manshed, though.

How do you fit your tent and tables into those bins?

Picture.jpg

Back