enclosed trailer flooring

IowaWildHogsBbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well I just placed my order for a enclosed trailer. My question is what could I put on the walls and floors so they shine and the floor is slip resistent. I want the walls to clean up very easy.

I had my floor Rhino Lined. It is not the cheapest option but it can be hosed out and will last longer than I will. On the side walls I used a cork flooring like they use on kitchen floors, it just wipes off and is very durable.

Sal

For the floors look up coin flooring,you can order from Home Depot or online,for the walls use sheets of mill finish aluminum ,they have a nice finish and will not scratch like white aluminum .This is what most trailer manufactures use. I am going to order one also and this is what I am going to use. You can find aluminum sheets from a sign supply shop.What brand did you order?

I used Herculiner on the floor and a semi-gloss latex paint on the walls, at least 2 coats of each. I prefer the Herculiner to keep weight down. Looked at coin mats and vct tile but both added significant weight. After each comp, just hose it out. I prefer plywood walls as it is easier to hang things like the clock, shelving, etc. even though it weighs more than frp. Everything is kind of a trade off.

You will of course create a pictoral documentary for those of us that live vicariously through others?
Ed

Aluminum/frp

Attachments

• trailer1.jpg
    trailer1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
I went with the white alum inside, just seems to fit with stainless fridge and counter tops, I also use the walls for memos to us using dry erase markers..
I really liked the all stainless look, wife changed my mind and happy for it..

For you guys with the Herculiner (or similar)....Is it easy to clean? I would guess it would take some scrubbing. Or does it hose out fairly easily? If not, I would like to go this route also.

frp board on walls

I made that mistake once. I did a 24' trailer and used 14 4x10' sheets to do 3 walls and ceiling. Each 4x8 sheet weighs about 20 lbs. About 350 lbs in just wall/ceiling covering.

I'm not sure what each aluminum sheet weighs, but I'd look at that option.

Now your weight limits and the weight of all your equipment and supplies before you start your build. We loved the car hauler we converted to a comp kitchen/toyhauler, but it weighed too damn much for it's axles and the tow cap of my truck.

Now your weight limits and the weight of all your equipment and supplies before you start your build. We loved the car hauler we converted to a comp kitchen/toyhauler, but it weighed too damn much for it's axles and the tow cap of my truck.

I think too many people disregard this advice. Whether you build your own or buy a finished toyhauler, it is critical that you take your fully loaded rig to the scales and weigh each axle, or each wheel if possible. I'll wager at least half of the blowout events you hear about on BBQ trailers are caused by overloads, not to mention axle and truck breakdowns.

Those tow ratings aren't just numbers, they really matter!

For you guys with the Herculiner (or similar)....Is it easy to clean? I would guess it would take some scrubbing. Or does it hose out fairly easily? If not, I would like to go this route also.

Cleans up nicely with a hose. Regular old mop has issues with the grooves and such, but is doable for daily cleanup. I just did a catering job a few weeks ago on a mulch surface. My floor was filthy when the dirt from the mulch embedded in the grooves. A week later, I got out the power washer and bam, like new again.

Here is a thread on my build. I initially wanted a smooth surface no grooves, etc. However, I acquiesed in the end and I happy for that. The fact that the Herculiner is non-slip won over. I cannot have my crew or me slipping and following. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147336

Back