• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Burgers and Fries.

JazzyBadger

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So last night I decided to make the family some burgers and fries.
I had sliced up the potatoes and de-starched (whatever the right term would be) them, dried them, par-fried them, and froze them sometime in the last week:
DSC03566.jpg

Had some ground brisket I had made up, and defrosted for the burgers:
DSC03535.jpg

Seasoned the meat, formed it into balls, shaped them into patties, wrapped in plastic, and stuck in the fridge to firm up.

Made some Hamburger buns the day before all this, mmm bread:

DSC03529.jpg

Started up the Kettle, and started warming up the oil.

When everything got the right temps and whatnot I started running around like a chicken with its head cut off, making fries on the inside, and burgers on the Kettle outside:
DSC03568.jpg

Sprinkled with some Seasoned Salt:
DSC03571.jpg

DSC03550.jpg

Soon as the burgers were done I threw some sliced onions and mushrooms onto the pit in my Grill wok:
DSC03563.jpg

Once all that was finished I had the last batch of fries in the D.O. so we started making up the burgers to everyone's liking, and then loaded them up with fries. As we were finishing that all up the last batch of fries were beeping away at me, and so we loaded those onto the last plates, and here's the end result:

DSC03573.jpg

Thanks for looking!

You eat like I do:grin:

Maybe it's a Texas thing? BBQ Brethren thing? I'm more and more convinced it was because I was raised on processed food, and just hated the idea of doing that to my kids. Got obsessed with making more and more things from scratch as time went by. In the past year I feel my cooking has really started to take off. It's been a great ride, and it all started by going, "Think I'm gonna get into barbecue..." so I owe a lot of my love for cooking to this site.

They look fantastic! Love the looks of your home made buns too.

That looks so much better than what you can get outside the home.
I don't know...there are some GOOOD burger joints. Headed south tomorrow and going to Alamo Springs Cafe. some of the Central TX folks may know of it. Burgers are to die for!!!

Nice job! I bet they were delicious.

They really were. I'm continuously surprised at how delicious brisket is when ground. I must admit I got to cut a lot of the learning out of the whole thing because of Biga's post on the matter. Plus the brisket fat turns into the lard those fries were cooking in.

Gonna have to do it again, but my wife is demanding Alice Springs Chicken (which I might try to do in a chicken roll, not sure yet.) and some gyros too. Might take some pictures of all that too, but I'm not sure if it's going to end up on the grill/smoker though. I might post the pictures up here anyway if I decide to do take some.

Back