• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rinsed, trimmed, ready and waiting!

93vpmod

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Sunday morning can't get here soon enough.

Maiden voyage of the "Red Baron" UDS with some spares. I also have a fatty ready to go, though I need clarification...Is there a name for a naked fatty dressed only in a bacon garter? (Thanks to someone here for the weave video...sorry, I can't find it now to give you proper accolades.)

I may have trimmed too much, but the tips will be a nice appetizer. I will make the rub later and put it on first thing in the a.m., fire up the smoker and then get coffee. Oh he'll, I know I will get the coffee going first.

Taking pron is much more difficult than one would think, but I will add as many pics as I can.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 184
Trimmed pron!

Sorry, forgot this one!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 183
I also have a fatty ready to go, though I need clarification...Is there a name for a naked fatty dressed only in a bacon garter?
AFAIK a naked fatty is one with nothing on it.

I may have trimmed too much, but the tips will be a nice appetizer. I will make the rub later and put it on first thing in the a.m., fire up the smoker and then get coffee. Oh he'll, I know I will get the coffee going first.

Taking pron is much more difficult than one would think, but I will add as many pics as I can.
I don't think you trimmed too much.

Coffee first is by far the safest strategy if you're going to play with fire. :wink:

Pictures get particularly difficult when the food has been plated. :hungry:

Up and moving!

The Southwest rub has been applied, fire started, and I am just settling in with the Sunday paper.

I hope the neighbors don't mind that I am cooking on the sidewalk outside my front door. It is 21* and there is too much snow to get the UDS to the back yard.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 93
Southwest Rub

All rubbed up!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 91
Front Door BBQ

Wish it were spring time!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 88
Lookin good thus far! Yes your neighbors will mind, that they aren't getting any Q!

I'll second that on springtime- can't come soon enough.

The Fatty is done!

Delayed posting...the fatty was done and even the wife enjoyed it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 68
Plated Ribs

A little salty, a slight bit overdone, but the flavor was fantastic. They broke during the "bend test" and i tried to hide it for the pron.

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions! I can't wait to have another shot at it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 55
I'll take a slice of the fatty on a biscuit and some ribs please:hungry::thumb:

Back