Contest Announcment The 81 Thunder Run and Chili Cookoff 2012

Westexbbq

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT

This year's HAMCLI Chili Cook-Off is scheduled for Sunday, April 22 once again in Bohemia, Long Island.
The field is set at 25 teams this year and is hosted by the Mixed Blood Line MC, sponsored by the Blue Point Brewery and 1800 Tequila and the rockabilly sounds of The Buzzards will be heard throughout the day.

This event has been very popular over the years and last year the Brethren teams fared quite well.

Here are the results last year:

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Peoples Choice
1) Queensboro MC
2) TnT Dynamite BBQ Team

3) Restless Spirits MC
4) Trashed MC
5) Sacred Steel MC

Judged
1) Sparrow Tattoo
2) Wes Tex BBQ - BBQ Brethren
3) TnT Dynamite BBQ Team

4) The Baldwin Butt Burners BBQ Team
5) The Babylon Grill Billies - BBQ Brethren

6) Team Renu
7) Leather Necks MC
8) Mixed Blood Line MC
9) Fat Heads Bar
10) Mutt & Geoff Chili Champs

11) Restless Spirits MC
12) Road Reapers MC
13) Bridge Runners MC
14) Iron Heads MC
15) Queensboro MC

16) The Hot Dawg Truck Team BBQ
17) U.S. Veterans MC
18) Demon Knights MC - west
19) I Dont Know MC
20) El Guapo Chili Team

21) Trashed MC
22) Sacred Steel MC
23) Mortal Skulls MC
24) Demon Knight MC - east (did not compete)
25) Red Hot Chili Choppers (did not compete)

I'll post this year's team list as soon as it is available along with the address.
It is always a very fun and entertaining day to say the least.

Mark your calendar and we hope to see you there.

[/FONT]

Here are the teams set for this year's Chili Cook-Off and the address at the end.

2012 Chili Teams

1. HELLS ANGELS MC - Rhode Island - Smoke'in Mirrors Chili Team​
  2. Mixed Blood Line MC - Returning 2009 Chili Champs
  3. Bridge Runners MC - Returning 2008 Chili Champs
  4. Trashed MC - Returning 2008 Peoples Choice
  5. The Hot Dawg Truck Team BBQ - Returning 2010 Peoples Choice
  6. Demon Knights MC - East - Demon Knives Bar- B-Crew​
  7. Queensboro MC - Returning 2009 Peoples Choice
  8. Sacred Steel MC - Returning 2010 Chili Champs
  9. El Guapo Chili Team
  10. Leather Necks MC
  11. I Dont Know MC
  12. BBQ Brethren - WESTEX BBQ
  13. The Baldwin Butt Burners
  14. Christian Motorcycle Club​
  15. Road Reapers MC
  16. Mutt & Geoff Chili Champs
  17. 5 Foot Posse'​
  18. Restless Spirits MC
  19. Chosen Souls MC​
  20. Team Renu
  21. Iron Heads MC
  22. Sparrow Tattoo Chili Team
  23. U. S. Veterans MC
  24. Demon Knights MC - West
  25. Restless Spirits MC - Chili Hogs​
  26. BBQ Brethren - Babylon Grill Billies
  27. Rebellious Ones MC
bluepoint.jpg

Ride with us out to the Mixed Blood Line MC Clubhouse
(Building 80 - Knickerbocker Ave, Bohemia 11716)
The Party is there with the live Rock~a~Billie sounds of the "The Buzzards", vendors, food & drink and our fourth annual competition chili cook off!!! There will be anonymous judging and a peoples choice award. Gates for the party open at 11:30am

Only two Brethren teams?

That's too bad.

This is a People's Choice contest, so I hope to see some Brethren come down and try out the chili.

Eric

Take lots of pics Wes!

I enjoy seeing them on the forums main page random picture drops at the bottom.

Here is the latest update from Rod.
(Notice the caveat re the judges....):clap:

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Greetings Chili Teams, Sponsors, Vendors & Chili Judges
April 1st is here and all entries have been locked in. As you already know, Sunday April 22, 2012 The HELLS ANGELS Motorcycle Club of Long Island, NY will be hosting there 14th Annual 81 Thunder Run & 5th Annual Chili Cook Off. There will be 25 teams competing for the title "Best Chili on Long Island". Sparrow Tattoo of West Hempstead will be returning to defend there title from last year. The BBQ Brethren Teams who dominated last years judged category with 4 of the top 5 finishes will be back in grand chili style! Queensboro MC will be returning to defend their peoples choice award and the Leather Necks MC hold the gas tank trophy for best finish amongst the clubs. Trophy to be returned to the stage for this years winner!!!
The HELLS ANGELS MC - Long Island, NY would like to thank you all for being involved again and making this one of Long Island's great events to kick off the riding season. Blue Point Brewery has been with us as a sponsor from the beginning and they are back on board again. Each team will receive six packs of Blue Point Beer and they will be giving their traditional gallon jugs out to the winners. We have a new sponsor this year, 1800 Tequila who will be taking care of the teams and gift basket prizes. We welcome 1800 Tequila!!!
The Rock~a~Billie sounds of the Buzzards will be groove'in throughout the day.
The Mixed Blood Line MC will be opening up their club house the Saturday before the event for any of the teams that would like to come down and set up there camp early and join us for the pre-party. There will be security there all night long so your camp will be safe! Any clubs that have prospects available send them to Mix Blood Line MC Club House Saturday afternoon at 1pm to help with clean up and set up and security throughout the night. We will also be having a friendly Texas Hold'em Tournament there Saturday night! All you poker players come on down. Game kicks off at 8pm!
Please re-read the rules of the competition just to refresh your team so you are not disqualified!!! The cooks meeting & meat inspection is at 8am Sunday. You must have a member of your team present for both. As we do every year, if all the teams are there early and ready to go we will get the meeting done and fire the grills early BUT only if all teams are present & ready to go. Otherwise grills fire at 9am.
To all chili judges, please be in the judging area by 1:30pm so we don't have to go looking for you. Please refrain from getting intoxicated until after the judging is over with!
To all vendors & the band, please be in and unloaded by 11am. The run will be pulling in around noon and we do not want any vehicles in the lot.
Please pass this info on to the rest of your Club or Chili Team.

We look forward to seeing you all and having a good time with you!!!
ROD
HELLS ANGELS
LONG ISLAND,NY
U.S.A.

No free man shall ever be debarred
the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson

P.S. - on a side note any of the teams want to try there luck at a desert throw down? This Monday Night is Bike Night / Desert Cook Off at Speakeasy in West Islip. The category is wide open no rules. There is a judged category and a peoples choice category so bring enough to go around. All entries must be in by 8:30pm. Every 1st Monday of the month is Bike Night and we have been having cook offs to get threw the winter months. So far we have had chili, chicken wings, mac & cheese, meatballs and now desert! Come on down and join us!

P.P.S - Williepalooza BBQ Competition is the weekend before the chili cook off at the Brentwood V.F.W. hall. Head down there and check out some of Long Island's Best BBQ Teams. There is a chili cook off that Saturday and a BBQ competition on Sunday. This competition is a state championship!
[/FONT]

RAIN DATE next Sunday 4/29

Got the word due to good chance of rain all day tomorrow.
Probably a wise call, especially for the mc clubs riders and a bit easier on the chili cooks.

Stay tuned...

Congratulations to the Babylon Grillbillies!!!!

for taking 1st place in the Judged category today at the 81 Thunder Run and 5th Annual Chili cookoff.
Great day, lots of fun and pictures to follow when time permits.
Personal thanks to the Grillbillie team for helping me unpack and set up as well as Jim and Cathy from the Baldwin Butt Burners for helping me load up the car at the end.
Once again, major kudos to the Babylon Grillbillies for taking 1st place today.
Great job.:clap:

Last edited:
Updated results

This just arrived in my email this morning:

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Greetings All
HELLS ANGELS Motorcycle Club of Long Island would like to thank all who participated, sponsored, entertained and attended this years 81 Thunder Run & Chili Cook Off. It was a blast as always. The Buzzards rocked! So did all of you!
While going over the results of this years chili cook off to send the results out to the teams I came across an mistake that was made by me. The Rebellious Ones MC were awarded 5th place judged, it actually belongs to WESTEX BBQ and Rebellious Ones were tied for 6th place with MUTT & Geoff Chili Champs. For the integrity of the competition this will be corrected and an apology comes from me for my oversight. On that note here are the results for all who were curious where they finished.

Judged Results
1 Babylon Grill Billies
2 Trashed MC - Gas Tank Trophy amongst MC's
3 Restless Spirits MC
4 Christian Motorcycle Association
5 WESTEX BBQ
6 Rebellious Ones MC - tied for 6th
6 Mutt & Geoff Chili Champs - tied for 6th
8 Guardians of the Children
9 Demon Knights MC east - tied for 9th
9 Queensboro MC - tied for 9th
11 Team Renu - tied for 11th
11 Road Reapers MC - tied for 11th
13 I Don't Know MC
14 The Hot Dawg Truck Team BBQ - 3 way tie for 14th
14 5 Foot Posse' - 3 way tie for 14th
14 Baldwin Butt Burners - 3 way tie for 14th
17 Mixed Blood Line MC
18 Sparrow Tattoo
19 Sacred Steel MC
20 Bridge Runners MC
21 Leather Necks MC
22 U.S. Veterans MC
23 Demon Knights MC west
24 Chosen Souls MC

Peoples Choice Results
1 Trashed MC
2 Queensboro MC
3 Sparrow Tattoo
4 was a tie between Mutt & Geoff Chili Champs & U.S. Vets MC that went to a tie breaker
4 Mutt & Geoff Chili Champs
5 U.S. Vets MC

Congratulations to all the winners! Hope to see you all on board for this event next year. A Big Thanks to 1800 Tequila, Blue Point Brewery & Cholula Hot Sauce for sponsoring this event. And to the Mixed Blood Line MC for there hospitality in hosting our event.
[/FONT]

Back