Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #15
Rolling Smoke
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmprantz View Post
I agree with a lot of what has been said, but in my experience, most contest organizers are not particularly tech savvy. I would offer my services to them, but I doubt most would/could pay. Anyway, the point is, a lot of organizers seem to setup eMail accounts just for the contest, which makes sense, and then ignore them 9 months out of the year. I have had much better luck calling organizers than eMailing them in the off season.

dmp
I haven't polled many organizers to see what their technical capabilities are but in the same school of thought, I think it's safe to say that most organizers are not electricians or plumbers either yet both of these skills are needed to put on a successful event.

As for paying for services, there are somethings that an organizer must pay for but keep in mind the more they have to pay for, the smaller the purse gets. Most organizers (including myself) have a committee of volunteers who possess the necessary skills to get the job done without incurring additional cost.