Pork Shots?!?! Haven't Seen These Ever

I like to put a little chili sauce in the top cavity, then put brown sugar on top of that.

Those Italian jobbies sound great. I wish the pictures were still there. I'll have to give it a shot.

I have found that the most popular variations use kielbasa or Basque chorizo or Andouille sausage, wrapped with bacon, topped with diced habanero and jalapeno, cream cheese, brown sugar and Oakridge Habanero Death Dust. Unbelievably good and the peppers lose most of their heat.

A tip for wrapping kielbasa is to use thick cut bacon let it come to room temperature and run the flat of a chef's knife down the length of the slice with slight pressure. This both thins and lengthens the slice so that 1/2 slice will easily wrap the kielbasa.

If my mini WSM wasn't full of pork and beef tonight I'd have these ON there! I am so excited, those look so good I can't stand it. Glad I got this thread going, got my head spinning with flavor combos! But I probably need to make the originals so I can appreciate the originals. :mrgreen:

Oh Lord, I just saw how long it takes to makes these. :cry: I love spending time with cooking and my smoker but if it's a pain in the ass it can get old quick. For some reason I don't get pissed working with a wet or even slack bread or pizza dough, but something that's tedious and frustrating just gets me fast. LOL.

Just don't make 100 of them, oh and start making them before 1am. That should help with the frustration. They are mighty tasty.

Back