Phone scam??

Tinybud

Take a breath!
Reaction score
We've been getting calls lately from a relay service for deaf people, where someone is asking if we can prepare 300 sandwiches for them to pick up. Anyone else getting these calls? I never get too far, once I ask for a location its the same response, they'll pick up at our store, we are catering, we don't have a store, ask again for location they hang up. Just wondering if anyone else is getting these calls. Thanks.

Variations of that scam have been floating around for a while.If people put the same effort into making an honest living this world wouldn't be so farked up!!

Yep, we get a several of these a month by phone, e-mail and fax. The bad grammar is a dead give-away. You can't be too careful.

I run an online wine site and we get emails all time from people asking for Cristal Champagne. They want know the price , do we have it in stock and want to send a courier to pick it up.

Riiiiight!

I get those relay service calls at work allot mostly for hydraulic parts. The worst part is that we all pay a tax on our phone bills to fund that relay call which is most likely placed from Nigeria or some farking place like that.

We've been getting calls lately from a relay service for deaf people, where someone is asking if we can prepare 300 sandwiches for them to pick up. Anyone else getting these calls? I never get too far, once I ask for a location its the same response, they'll pick up at our store, we are catering, we don't have a store, ask again for location they hang up. Just wondering if anyone else is getting these calls. Thanks.

Got a few emails like that wanting to pick up no co name or contact just a dummy email address

Play along, get their c/c number and call cops. It is a scam using stolen c/c.

Back