View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #14
Aztec1000
Got Wood.

Default Reporting back on goat leg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
It cooked for about 4 1/2 to 5 hours. I just checked for tenderness.
Here a link to my blog with more info on the measurements if you're interested. http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/...cherosand.html

The meat needs to marinade overnight. Hope you have great luck with it!
Result A-. Very happy.

Turned out to tip the scales at just 5.5lbs, which was a good thing. Had it been 10+, I wouldn't have been able to fit it into any kind of marinade bag! As it was, I had to saw the bone and break it back upon itself to fit in the aluminum pan.

275F, in the marinade, for 2 hours, at which point the marinade was burned on the bottom of the pan. Foiled the top with broth added (maybe a cup). Checked at around 4 hours and it was good to go, twisted easily with a fork. Broth had dried/burned to a sticky mess as well, which surprised me given I was cooking indirect. No matter, the meat was fine.

Parts were a smidge dry, about like a dry turkey leg. About 80% of it was very moist, perfect flavor, and a nice smoke ring to boot. Wife loved it.

Thanks for the tips. I'll be doing this again soon, next time more like 225F with more marinade/broth to see if it is more moist throughout.
Aztec1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->